Unless otherwise noted, sessions are conference calls.
The New2EA Working Group is open to Itana Community Group members who are interesting in launching or relaunching an EA practice as well as those already running mature practices. Itana recognizes that the EA role is inclusive of multiple architecture disciplines.
Business architecture -- Business architects, business stakeholders, business leaders, etc.
Information architecture -- Information architects, data stewards, business and technical consumers, et.
- Technical architecture -- Technical architects, technical project managers and teams, etc.
Are you interested in leading a session? Please attend a New2EA WG Steering Team meeting or contact the New2EA Co-Chairs Jacob Morris and Alberto Mendoza
Want to help out? Scribe a call. It's easy. You can scribe in email, in the wiki directly, in a Google Doc. Give a hand. Help out. Take notes.
New2EA WG 2019 Call Program
|New2EA WG 2019 Call Program|
|New2EA WG 2019 Call Program|
|Format/Mode||Presenter / Facilitator|
Materials / Notes
|June 19*||EA Skills & Competencies|
Leading as an Architect
|Presentation + Discussion (polling?)||Jim Phelps?|
Schedule Jim for presentation
|CANCELED - July 4th Holiday||Yes|
|July 17*||EA Skills & Competencies||Facilitating from the Side - Follow-up discussion + dealing with difficult meeting attendees / leading effective meetings||Discussion + Presentation||Jacob||Send out a reminder to community re: FFTS homework||?|
- What topics are top of mind for you right now?
- What questions would you want to ask a panel of established architects?
- What would you want out of the New2EA Face2Face session in October?
Send out a survey after meeting to collect questions for Panel
Follow-up Panel Discussion - Questions from the New2EA Community (start from the initial survey results)
- Using your experiences/role/title to achieve X?
Send a request to the panel for recommended articles for New2EA members
|October 14||EDUCAUSE Face2Face pre-conference||Yes|
Follow-up discussion on the New2EA Face2Face session at EDUCAUSE
|Presentation + Round table discussion||?|
Panel: Architect Career Journey Maps - shared by established practitioners
|Panel + Presentations||Yes|
|November 20||Architecture Role|
Follow-up Panel: Architect Career Journey Maps - shared by established practitioners + Q&A Time
|Panel + Round table discussion||Yes|
|December 4||Architecture Role||Sharing our Career Journey Maps - |
What are upcoming opportunities for building on your current skills coupled with developing entirely new skills
|Round table discussion||Yes|
|December 18||EA Skills & Competencies||Panel Recommendations: EA Article Swap||Round table discussion||?|
Potential Future Topics
- What New2EA would like out of the EDUCAUSE F2F (Round table discussion)
- Unconference Session (Open discussion)
- EA Skills and Competencies
- Follow-up Panel Session with established architects (Panel)
- Using your experiences/role/title to achieve X
- Determining your EA capabilities (resources and assets)
- EA article swap and discussion (Round table discussion)
- Assessing the maturity of your EA practice
- Communicating your EA practice to leadership
- Leadership Journey Maps
- What is EA at my institution? (Round table discussion)
- How did existing EA practices get started? (Panel)
- Developing an EA Scope / Strategy on a Page (Presentation)
- Reflecting on the Direction of New2EA (Round table Discussion)
- Facilitating from the Side (Presentation)