spaces.at.internet2.edu has been upgraded to Confluence 6.12.2. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us at collaboration-support@internet2.edu
Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Action Items from Past Meetings

(All)  Please review the  “reflections” document , which will kick off a discussion of direction and priorities next month.

Minutes

Attending: Mike Grady, Mark Scheible, Janemarie Duh, Matt Brookover, Eric Kool-Brown, Judith Bush, Heather Flanagan, Keith Wessel, Eric Goodman,

With: David Walker, Dean Woodbeck, Ian Young, IJ Kim, Shannon Roddy, Ann West, Dave Shafer, Steve Olshansky, Steve Zoppi

Action Items

(AI) Mark Scheible will provide several documents for TAC members to review that should help the group understand the landscape and the background for some current initiatives. He will provide those documents either as links in the “Reflections” document or via email to the TAC list.

(AI) Dean Woodbeck will follow-up with Kevin regarding slides that might be helpful for understanding the policy and governance structure within Internet2 Trust and Identity.

Working Groups and TAC representation

  1. OIDC-OAuth Deployment Working Group - Eric Kool-Brown

  2. Streamlining SP Onboarding Working Group - possibly Janemarie Duh or Judith Bush

  3. Attributes for Collaboration and Federation Working Group - Mark Scheible

  4. Deployment Profile Working Group - Keith Wessel and Judith Bush

Janemarie reported that the Streamlining SP Onboarding WG is getting a lot of work done with only a few people actively involved. They have a document and a survey that are ready for feedback and input. Once the group has reached that point, it was suggested to invite co-chair Garrett King to a TAC call for a report. May also consider a webinar once the information is ready for wider review.

There was also discussion about holding a TAC webinar to review 2017 and preview 2018.

InCommon TAC Reflections Document

Mark Scheible reviewed the InCommon TAC Reflections document, which Tom Barton created as he was leaving the TAC. The document includes such questions as:

  1. How has/will TAC’s role/responsibilities change in light of new Governance bodies?

  2. What is TAC’s current mission?

  3. TAC Road Map?

  4. T&I Landscape?

  5. What are TAC’s priorities wrt focusing on Domestic vs. Global federation?

  6. Anything changed from what’s in the charter?

Discussion

The charter was created prior to InCommon joining eduGAIN, which has resulted in a broader global focus. What is TAC’s role given the broader global integration?

Since last year at this time, CACTI has been created to provide architectural guidance to all of Internet2 Trust and Identity. There is some overlap and need for integration between CACTI and TAC. It was suggested to form a “study group” with TAC and CACTI representatives to discuss roles, gaps, and how the two groups will interact. It may also be helpful to have a TAC liasion to CACTI and vice-versa.

There will also be some overlap and interaction with the InCommon Community Trust and Assurance Board (CTAB) (formerly the Assurance Advisory Committee). An example is Baseline Expectations, which is a CTAB project but involves technical issues of interest to the TAC.

Because the 2017 Working Groups didn’t begin operating until late in the year, it will be at least the first quarter of 2018 before we can expect to see reports and recommendations. That gives the TAC a few weeks to review the charter, consider connections with the other Internet2 Trust and Identity governance groups, and determine how to organize and focus for 2018.

(AI) Mark Scheible will provide several documents for TAC members to review that should help the group understand the landscape and the background for some current initiatives. He will provide those documents either as links in the “Reflections” document or via email to the TAC list.

The wiki has a list of all Trust and Identity working groups past and present, including those chartered by TAC. Kevin Morooney has created a few slides that may also help in understanding the new governance and policy structure (which will be distributed to TAC members).(AI) Dean Woodbeck will follow-up with Kevin.

Next Meeting - January 18 - 1 pm ET

  • No labels