Upcoming Assurance Call
Wed., April 1, 2015 at noon ET
Eric Goodman, Identity and Access Management Architect, UC Office of the President, will lead a discussion on password reset issues.
Guidance for Supporting SHA-2 Signed Assertions
In August 2014, InCommon released Migrating to SHA-2 to help certified campuses support SHA-2 signed assertions.
In June 2014, InCommon Steering approved the (now expired) "Alternative Means for Bronze and Silver Requirement to Discontinue SHA-1 Encryption for SAML Assertions" to ease the transition for Identity Provider Operators that had been certified by the InCommon Assurance Program or were wishing to apply for certification by January 15, 2015.
InCommon Silver with Active Directory Domain Services Cookbook for 1.2 Released
The final version of the InCommon Silver with Active Directory Domain Services Cookbook is available now! For an overview of the important bits, see the May 2014 webinar recording.
Reading Bronze: Understanding the InCommon Profile (recordings available)
InCommon sponsored a community reading of the Bronze InCommon Assurance Profile to aid in the understanding and intent of the requirements. There were four calls during Dec. 2013 and Jan. 2014. The calls have now concluded. Thanks to all who participated for the excellent comments and questions.
Recordings are available at this link.
Project Status: Shibboleth Identity Provider Enhancements (Multi-Context Broker)
The MCB v1.0 for development of Assurance Enhancements for the Shibboleth Identity Provider has been completed and is available now for use. For more information and a project status, see Shibboleth Enhancements - Project Status.
See news on the Multi Context Broker.
See slides from IAM Online on the Multi-Context Broker (April 30, 2014)
Webinars and Presentations
- InCommon Bronze Approaches from GW and Harvard, recorded March 4, 2015. See recorded Webinar. See slides (PDF).
- InCommon Bronze and Security, IAM Online with two case studies of achieving Bronze (Todd Haddaway of UMBC and Sharon Welna from the University of Nebraska Medical Center), recorded October 15, 2014 (slide deck also available)
- Successful Security Practices: Counting Failed Login Attempts, PDF slide Deck, Webinar recorded Sept. 3, 2014
- Better Practices Build Better Systems: Identity Assurance, recorded presentation by Ann West, Internet2, and Ron Thielen, U. Chicago, at EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference, May 2014
- Open for Business: InCommon Identity Assurance Program (PDF Silde Deck. Webinar recorded February 29, 2012)
- Grab the Bronze and Silver Ring: Identity Assurance Progress (PDF Slide Deck. Webinar recorded June 15, 2011)