Collaborative scribing for this working group is done here
Charter: Certificate Service Review Working Group
Group Leader (Chair)
Christopher Bongaarts, University of Minnesota
The mission of the Certificate Service Review Working Group is to review and provide input on matters pertaining to the next generation InCommon Certificate Service. This group will represent the InCommon community and will serve as the advice and consent function for directions pertaining to the next generation service.
Membership in the Working Group is open to a limited number of interested parties. Members join the Working Group by expressing an interest to participate to either the chair or the Program Manager for Community Trust (email@example.com).
The chair of the Working Group is appointed by the InCommon Program Manager for Community Trust. The chair is responsible for keeping the InCommon Steering and Technical Advisory Committees informed regarding the Working Group's status.
- Address short-term tactical issues
- Review/approve revised domain activation process
- Address the issue of the base domain and wildcarded base domain being treated separately?
- Identify any issues around offering a private CA option
- Community survey
- List of desired features for the 'next-generation' InCommon Certificate Service
- Gap analysis between new features and existing service
- Recommendations for next steps
Expected End Date
The working group is expected to complete all deliverables by 1/31/2016.
- wiki space: Certificate Service Review Working Group Home
- phone line for conference calls: We'll use Blue Jeans video/voice conferencing (details TBD)
- incommon.org group email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/InCommon-certs
- Call notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eSazuq1NRHs8P_NKpT45Vo_tfUJaD6B6VLUP68_bFvM/edit