Please volunteer to scribe for an Itana call! The steps are pretty easy and you help support Itana.
What to scribe
We're not going for absolute completeness – please record any of the following that you can:
During the call:
- Agenda: Copy & paste whatever appears as the agenda online
- Attendees: Screen shot the attendee/participant list online and paste it in
- If you hear other names you know, add them by hand if you can
- Updates: Note the updates that are announced from Steering Committee, working groups, etc.
- Main Agenda: Free form notes on the main agenda being presented or discussed
- Not necessary to have a line by line transcript
- Often someone is presenting slides, and it's not necessary to repeat the content of those; there'll be a link to them
- Try to capture major points, questions, or comments
- Bonus points: The more you can capture comments from people at different institutions that reflect how an issue is being approached in different ways, the better -- that helps people follow up with each other to learn more
- Chat: If there was valuable content in the chat window, such as people posting links, copy & paste it in
Where to scribe
You can scribe in an email, in a document, or directly in the Itana wiki.
You can email notes to the Itana Steering Committee and someone will post them in the wiki. To get started, copy the following headings into your email:
When you're done, email to: itana-steering@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
In a Google Doc or other document of your choice
Once you are done, you can then create a wiki page for the content following the instructions below, or you can simply email your notes to the Itana Steering Committee and someone will post them in the wiki.
In the wiki
If you have access to edit the Itana wiki:
- Log into the wiki.
- Navigate to Home>Events> Conference Call Notes
- Navigate to the appropriate year and then to the appropriate date for the conference you are scribing
- Click the "Edit" link just to the right of the page breadcrumbs
- Title your page in reverse date order, "YYYY-MM-DD Call Note". For example the minutes for June 17, 2016 call are titled "2016-06-17 Call Note."
- When done save your page by clicking the "Save" button on the bottom right of the page.
- That's it. Done.