This page from 2007 collected resources related to roadmaps. For the 2015 roadmaps work, see Roadmaps.
ITANA has discussed various Road-map documents and techniques. Questions that have come up include:
- How do you get a roadmap?
- How do you document them?
- What are the milestones?
- What is the logical order?
Below are examples from various institutions along with a short description or each type of road-map.
There are other roadmaps out on the web. Two examples are:
- The NMI-EDIT Enterprise Directory Implementation Roadmap (see: http://www.nmi-edit.org/roadmap/dir-roadmap_200510/index-set.html) and
- The NMI-EDIT Enterprise Authentication Implementation Roadmap (see: http://www.nmi-edit.org/roadmap/draft-authn-roadmap-03/)
Note that NMI-EDIT Directory Implementation Roadmap splits the Policy from the Technology. I have found this to be a very useful way to highlight that there is just as much organizational/policy work as there is technology work.
Example roadmap documents from various institutions.
Content by label "roadmap"