October 20, 2020
- David Bantz, University of Alaska (chair)
- Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska
- Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Globus, University of Chicago
- Tom Barton, University Chicago and Internet2, ex-officio
- Ercan Elibol, Florida Polytechnic University
- Richard Frovarp, North Dakota State
- Jon Miner, University of Wisc - Madison
- John Pfeifer, University of Maryland
- Marc Wallman, North Dakota State University, InCommon Steering Rep, ex-officio
- Chris Whalen, Research Data and Communication Technologies
- Jule Ziegler, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre
- Robert Zybeck, Portland Community College
- Johnny Lasker, Internet2
- Kevin Morooney, Internet2
- Ann West, Internet2
- Albert Wu, Internet2
- Jessica Fink, Internet2
- Mary Catherine Martinez, InnoSoft (vice chair)
- Pål Axelsson, SUNET
- Eric Goodman, UCOP - TAC Representative to CTAB
- Chris Hable, University of Michigan regrets
- Emily Eisbruch, Internet2
- Agenda Bash
- Intellectual Property reminder
Reminder of InCommon CAMP and ACAMP, Online, November 16-20, 2020
- Thanks to Jon Miner for representing CTAB at the Wed. Oct. 14, 2020 IAM Online
- Community Voices Moving Forward: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlzlYv4_9mE
- Submission to InCommon Steering
- Plan to finalize the BEv2 request to InCommon Steering at this CTAB call
- BEv2 community consultation closed on Oct. 19, 2020 https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/BE/be2-consultation
- The only input to the community consultation was a suggestion to change wording for endpoint encryption requirement to remove specific reference to Qualysis with a standard. https://github.com/ssllabs/research/wiki/SSL-Server-Rating-Guide
- Albert made a change to the Implementation/ Best Practices document to reflect that.
- David and Albert will create a short email to InCommon Steering asking for consideration of BEv2, as part of requesting formal approval.
Coming NIH requirements based on TechExtra Talk on Oct. 6, 2020
Oct. 6 keynote from NIH : https://internet2.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?pid=9e5ec1c1-6fac-4713-bdd3-ac5300f9eb33
- Oct. 6 panel from NIH : https://internet2.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=aab17930-72b4-4839-9e45-ac53011ecaf3
- At the Oct. 6, 2020 TechExtra keynote and panel from NIH , there was emphasis on the need for organizations to support REFEDs MFA and entity categories.
This will likely be part of BEv3.
- Some concern about whether commercial IDP providers will get on board.
- A simple gateway or proxy may be needed.
- The IDP as a Service Working Group report will be presented to InCommon TAC soon.
- This could provide a roadmap (bridging solution) for “nonconforming” IDPs.
- REFEDS MFA involves a runtime assertion.
- Microsoft does not support that.
- Could be worked around with a gateway.
- ChrisW: Government laptop with card would provide for REFEDS MFA, but mobile device would not.
- Less difficult to implement:
- REFEDS assurance is an attribute release issue
- R&S assertion is part of SAML metadata
- As part of work for the Attributes for Collaboration Working Group, TomB found that most InCommon IDPs participate in a science gateway.
Recruiting for CTAB - review nominations
- Nominations for CTAB close on October 23.
- On next CTAB call, CTAB can review the nominees.
- Four CTAB members have terms ending on Dec. 31, 2020.
- Two CTAB members have renominated.
- Overall Member Cycle for Committees Schedule
Next CTAB Call: Tuesday Nov 3, 2020