Notes and Action Items, AAC Call of 10-May-2017
- Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska (chair)
- Joanna Rojas, Duke
- Tom Barton, U. Chicago
- Emily Eisbruch, Internet2
[AI] (Emily) remind Brett of deadlines for Community Assurance call of Wed June 7
[AI] (Brett) move some of the details (regarding contacts/metadata and process to notify InCommon Community) to an operational appendix in the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations
[AI] (Ted) review the draft documents around Baseline Expectation and any additional context setting to validate that it’s a complete case to bring to InCommon Steering.
[AI] (Tom) develop guiding principles for dispute resolution process
[AI] (Ann) continue to work on the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations
[AI] (Brett) make additional updates to the Diagram, Community Dispute Resolution Process .
[AI] (Tom and Brett) review documents to make them more generic so they could apply more broadly, such as to handle issues around tags such as R&S or SIRTFI.
Review of 2017 Global Summit in DC
• Sunday April 23 Kantara / Assurance Working meeting was valuable
• Much discussion about attribute release issues
• Consent demo was fascinating, impressive progress being made there
• Would be helpful to hear even more technical info.
• Furthering Trust in Federation session with Tom Barton and Chris Whalen and panel was excellent
- Baseline Expectations document
- Diagram, Community Dispute Resolution Process
- Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations
- InCommon FOPP (with proposed edits for baseline expectations)
- Strawman Schedule for implementing Baseline Expectations
- Tom has edited the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations
- All feedback appreciated.
- Suggestion to move some of the details around contacts/metadata (and process to notify InCommon Community) to an operational appendix
- [AI] (Brett) move some of the details (regarding contacts/metadata and process to notify InCommon Community) to an operational appendix in the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations
• Ted will look at the overall Baseline Expectations package to go to Steering.
Coordination of Efforts
- There are multiple inter-related efforts that should be talking to each other and perhaps coordinating to some extent, including the Attribute Release effort under Steering/TAC and the work that the AAC is doing on Baseline Expectations.
- Steering and TAC efforts are about encouraging more sites to release attributes.
- AAC work is about process around concerns with attribute release and compliance
- • If the attribute release 2.0 group has a timeline, the AAC should be aware of that
- The chairs of each of the groups should talk and understand each other’s roadmaps
Baseline Expectations Timeline - as discussed at the AAC F2F in DC
- Discuss the Baseline Expectation Implementation on the Wed. June 7, 2017, noon ET Community Assurance Call
- Brett will present at this call, and get feedback ;Tom not available for Community Assurance Call on June 7
- Take Baseline Expectations Implementation Plan to InCommon Steering end of June or end of July
- Do a trust and identity consultation on the Baseline Expectations Implementation in August
- Q: Is a consultation needed for the implementation process?
- Baseline Expectations already had a consultation
- Suggestion to ask the community at the Wed June 7 call if they believe a consultation is needed
- Possible Agenda for the Assurance Community Call on June 7
- Review BE
- Rationale for adjusting FOPP vs POP vs PA
- Introduce the BE Maintenance Processes
- Discuss timeline for implementation
- ◦ [AI] Brett will confirm with Ann that she’s available for June 7
- ◦ [AI] Emily remind Brett of deadlines for Community Assurance call of Wed June 7
- Goal for date of sharing documents with the Assurance list --- one week prior to the June 7 call
- Roll out Baseline Expectations Implementation at TechEx in San Francisco, Oct. 15-18, 2017
- Deadline for submitting TechEx sessions was May 5, 2017. Call for participation is now closed. Need to let Dean know today if we want to try to submit a session.
- Emily will remind Tom to bring up AAC baseline discussion at TechEx on Friday’s TechEx call. (Done)
- InCommon staff may not be ready to implement at TechEx, but the AAC can still announce the plan.
• InCommon Assurance Program Review process planning
• InCommon Steering
Next AAC call: Wed., May 24 at 4pm ET