Notes and Action Items, AAC Call of 10-May-2017




  • Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska (chair)
  • Joanna Rojas, Duke
  • Tom Barton, U. Chicago
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2


Action Items

[AI] (Emily) remind Brett of deadlines
 for Community Assurance call of Wed June 7

[AI] (Brett) move some of the details (regarding contacts/metadata and process to notify InCommon Community)  to an operational appendix in the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations

[AI] (Ted) review the draft documents around Baseline Expectation and any additional context setting to validate that it’s a complete case to bring to InCommon Steering.  
[AI] (Tom) develop guiding principles for dispute resolution process
[AI] (Ann) continue to work on the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations
[AI] (Brett) make additional updates to the Diagram, Community Dispute Resolution Process
[AI] (Tom and Brett) review documents to make them more generic so they could apply more broadly, such as to handle issues around tags such as R&S or SIRTFI.  


Review of 2017 Global Summit in DC
•  Sunday April 23 Kantara / Assurance Working meeting was valuable

• Much discussion about attribute release issues

• Consent demo was fascinating, impressive progress being made there

• Would be helpful to hear even more technical info.

• Furthering Trust in Federation session with Tom Barton and Chris Whalen and panel was excellent

Baseline Expectations

Key documents:


• Ted will look at the overall Baseline Expectations package to go to Steering. 

Coordination of Efforts

  • There are multiple inter-related efforts that should be talking to each other and perhaps coordinating to some extent, including the Attribute Release effort under Steering/TAC and the work that the AAC is doing on Baseline Expectations.

  • Steering and TAC efforts are about encouraging more sites to release attributes.
  • AAC work is about process around concerns with attribute release and compliance

  • • If the attribute release 2.0 group has a timeline, the AAC should be aware of that

  • The chairs of each of the groups should talk and understand each other’s roadmaps

 Baseline Expectations Timeline - as discussed at the AAC  F2F in DC

  • Discuss the Baseline Expectation Implementation on the Wed. June 7, 2017, noon ET Community Assurance Call 

  • Brett will present at this call, and get feedback 
;Tom not available for Community Assurance Call on June 7

  • Take Baseline Expectations Implementation Plan to InCommon Steering end of June or end of July

  • Do a trust and identity consultation on the Baseline Expectations Implementation in August

  • Q: Is a consultation needed for the implementation process?

    • Baseline Expectations already had a consultation

  • Suggestion to  ask the community at the Wed June 7 call if they believe a consultation is needed

  • Possible Agenda for the Assurance Community Call on June 7

    • Review BE

    • Rationale for adjusting FOPP vs POP vs PA

    • Introduce the BE Maintenance Processes

    • Discuss timeline for implementation

    • Feedback/Consultation

  • ◦ [AI] Brett will confirm with Ann that she’s available for June 7

  • ◦ [AI] Emily remind Brett of deadlines
 for Community Assurance call of Wed June 7
  • Goal for date of sharing documents with the Assurance list --- one week prior to the June 7 call

  • Roll out Baseline Expectations Implementation at TechEx in San Francisco, Oct. 15-18, 2017

  • Deadline for submitting TechEx sessions was May 5, 2017. Call for participation is now closed. Need to let Dean know today if we want to try to submit a session.

  • Emily will remind Tom to bring up AAC baseline discussion at TechEx on Friday’s TechEx call. (Done)

  • InCommon staff may not be ready to implement at TechEx, but the AAC can still announce the plan.

• InCommon Assurance Program Review process planning


• Kantara 

• InCommon Steering


Next AAC call: Wed., May 24 at 4pm ET

  • No labels