- The service enhances the research and scholarship activities of some subset of the InCommon community.
- The service requires a subset of R&S Category Attributes. (See below.)
- The service does not require out-of-band negotiation and/or contracts with IdPs.
- The service conforms to a specific subset of the Recommended Practices published by InCommon.
- The SP is a production SAML deployment.
- The SP supports SAML V2.0 Web Browser SSO.
- The SP refreshes and verifies metadata at least daily.
- The SP's metadata is has been provided to InCommon so that it can be published in a human-readable format on the InCommon public web site.
- The SP provides appropriate contacts in the metadata.
- The SP provides its requested attributes in metadata, chosen from the R&S subset.
- The SP intelligently handles errors involving the release of requested attributes.