spaces.at.internet2.edu has been upgraded to Confluence 6.12.2. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us at collaboration-support@internet2.edu
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

    

Notes and Action Items, AAC Call of 13-Sept-2017

Attending

  • Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska (chair)
  • Tom Barton, U. Chicago
  • Joanna Rojas, Duke
  • Ted Hanss, University of Michigan
  • Chris Whalen, NIH / NIAID
  • Ann West, Internet2
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Action Items

AI] (Brett) respond to the one line of feedback received during the Baseline Expectations Implementation consultation.This email may also include notice that implementation is coming and highlighting areas important to start thinking about.

[AI] (Brett) work on proposed updates to AAC charter. Ann is available to assist.

[AI] Tom will  add a “swim lane” for InCommon Steering on the Baseline Expectations roadmap.

[AI] (Tom) do minor editing to the Baseline Expectations Implementation and Maintenance Plan.  Once the updates are made the plan is to put this document into the Trust and Identity Document Repository. It has been assigned a doc ID number of TI.35.1 but is not yet in the repository.

AI] (Ann)   prepare quick  list  of InCommon participants in various buckets based on the InCommon fee structure.

[AI] (Ann) consult with Internet2 Legal Dept. about the InCommon FOPP and InCommon Participation Agreement changes suggested for Baseline Expectations

[AI] (Brett) clarify who can contact InCommon support about a baseline expectations concern. 
[AI] (Brett) move some of the details (regarding contacts/metadata and process to notify InCommon Community)  to an operational appendix in the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations  (Brett started this)

[AI] (Brett) make additional updates to the Diagram, Community Dispute Resolution Process
[AI] (Tom) develop guiding principles for dispute resolution process
[AI] (Brett) develop thought piece for InCommon Steering regarding approach around supporting available profiles
 

DISCUSSION

Baseline Expectations

 

Next Steps for Baseline Expectations Implementation

Brett presented the plans for Baseline Expectations Implementation on the Sept 11, 2017 InCommon Steering Call.  It was mentioned on that call that Baseline Expectations might be on the agenda for the Trust and Identity PAG meeting at 2017 TechEx.   https://meetings.internet2.edu/2017-technology-exchange/detail/10004889/ The next InCommon Steering call is October 2. 

[AI] TomB do minor editing to the Baseline Expectations Implementation and Maintenance Plan.  Once the updates are made the plan is to put this document into the Trust and Identity Document Repository. It has been assigned a doc ID number of TI.35.1 but is not yet in the repository. 

[AI] (Brett) respond to the piece of feedback we received during the consultation.  Note:  Please see Brett's draft in the AAC scribing doc and provide feedback. 

 

Baseline Processes Roadmap

The InCommon staff is meeting regularly to plan baseline expectations implementation. A Baseline Processes Roadmap is under development by Ann, Erin, Dean and Tom.  Nick Roy is reviewing it.

This roadmap includes the  term “entity healthcheck”  which seems like a good framing.  It was noted that Nick Roy had raised some concern around the feasibility of the timeframe, The goal is to present this roadmap to Steering at their call prior to TechEx

[AI] Tom will  add a “swim lane” for InCommon Steering on the Baseline Expectations roadmap.  Could be shown as a continuum from the AAC to Steering. Tom will add the term docket

Outreach on Baseline Expectations Implementation

It was suggested to have a monthly blog in on Baseline Expectations as part of the Trust and Identity Newsletter. This could involve regular notifications of entities who have not updated their metadata (the docket).   For reference on past blogs on the BE topic, see  “This Affects You! InCommon Federation Requirements Changing” blog from July 2017 by Tom Barton: https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/14285 There may be future blog post(s) that includes the stats presented for Steering regarding MDUI issues.  The goal is to see improvement in numbers over the months. Another approach could be to include a graph on the baseline expectations wiki and show improvement over time.

Community Assurance Call for Wed., October 4, 2017

The Community Assurance call  for Oct 4 will focus on

  • Charting the Assurance Advisory Committee’s Future

    • Survey results of InC Bronze members

    • Baseline Expectations and AAC responsibilities

    • Membership changes needed in the AAC

    • Adjustments to AAC charter and recruitment of new members

Brett will  lead this call with Ann and Tom.   

[AI] (Brett) work on proposed updates to AAC charter. Ann is available to assist.

https://www.incommon.org/docs/assurance/AAC_Charter.pdf

Renewals of InCommon Bronze Certifications

Other Topics

  • FICAM

  • Program Review of InCommon Assurance Program
 (Tom)

    • Results of Tom’s outreach to the InCommon Assurance Bronze institutions for feedback.

  • InCommon support for REFEDS Assurance Framework v1.0 metadata attribute


    • NB from Tom. There will likely be no entity attribute in v1.0 of the framework.

  • AAC participation on new TAC Working Group: Attributes for Collaboration and Federation WG - Draft Charter:
 https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/ipiTBg  -- Mark Scheible would like a representative from the AAC to participate on this WG.  Brett will represent the AAC.

Brett noted that on a recent  REFEDs IdP Categorisation call, there was a question about entity categorisation and possible objections to an entity’s use of a particular category.  Brett mentioned on that call that AAC has developed a dispute resolution process to handle issues like this.  Nicole stated that REFEDs has such a process and working thru 1st case currently.

Next AAC call: Wed.,  Sept. 27, 2017 at 4pm ET 

 

 

 

  

  • No labels