spaces.at.internet2.edu has been upgraded to Confluence 6.12.2. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us at collaboration-support@internet2.edu
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Notes and Action Items, AAC Call of 24-May-2017

  

Attending:

  • Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska (chair)
  • Joanna Rojas, Duke
  • Ted Hanss, University of Michigan
  • Ann West, Internet2
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Action Items

[AI] (Brett) will review and enhance the  Community Assurance Call of June 7 announcement.  here


[AI] (Ann) consult with Internet2 Legal Dept. about the InCommon FOPP and InCommon Participation Agreement changes suggested for Baseline Expectations
 
[AI] (Brett) develop thought piece for Steering regarding approach around supporting available profiles 
 
[AI] (Brett) take the Baseline Expectations package to InCommon Steering at start of July

[AI] (Brett and Ted) talk with Kevin and Sean prior to taking the BE implementation plan to Steering 
 
[AI] (Brett) re-arrange Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations to lead with community aspects.  Brett will also clarify who can contact InCommon support about a concern.


[AI] (Brett) move some of the details (regarding contacts/metadata and process to notify InCommon Community)  to an operational appendix in the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations  (Brett started this work)


[AI] (Tom) develop guiding principles for dispute resolution process


[AI] (Ann) continue to work on the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations


[AI] (Brett) make additional updates to the Diagram, Community Dispute Resolution Process
.


[AI] (Tom and Brett) review documents to make them more generic so they could apply more broadly, such as to handle issues around tags such as R&S or SIRTFI.  

 
DISCUSSION
  

Baseline Expectations

 
Ann and Ted have reviewed Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations.
Brett moved technical details to an appendix. Brett plans  to do more editing on area that states what should be on website.
 
[AI] (Brett and Ted) will talk with Kevin and Sean prior to taking the Baseline Expectations implementation plan to Steering 
 
Ann suggests rearranging some info in the doc. Section on “Process to Notify InCommon Community of Intent to Alter Participant Metadata” should be moved to later in the doc.

 
We want to emphasize that we are helping sites to remain compliant.
[AI] (Brett) re-arrange Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations to lead with community aspects
 
Need to be clearer (than “concerned party”) about whom can contact InCommon support about a concern, probably should be an InCommon contact on file. [AI] (Brett) will clarify who can contact InCommon support about a concern.
 
The group discussed issues around the Review Board- should we have a standing review board?
 It may be helpful to have an assigned person to manage the “peer reviewers.” 



Planning for Community Assurance Call of Wed. June 7, 2017 at noon ET
Suggested deadlines

  • Draft Community Assurance Call announcement by Thursday, May 25

  • AI Brett will review and enhance the  Community Assurance Call of June 7 announcement

  • Include in the announcement links to the key documents  for review 

  • Send announcement to Assurance list and InCommon participants list on Tuesday, May 30

  • Send reminder to lists on Tuesday June 6

  • Slides due to Dean on Tuesday June 6




Possible Agenda for the June 7 Assurance Community Call
• Review Baseline Expectations

• Rationale for adjusting FOPP vs POP vs PA

• Introduce the BE Maintenance Processes

• Ask about Review Board

• Discuss timeline for implementation

• Feedback/Consultation



Plan to Take Baseline Expectations Implementation Plan to InCommon Steering end of start of July

[AI] (Ann) talk with Internet2 Legal about FOPP and PA changes


Coordination between Brett and Chairs of Steering and TAC

  • Brett spoke with chairs of Steering and TAC recently about improved coordination between Steering, TAC and the AAC.  

  • There was a suggestion for a TAC working group to look at attribute release issues



InCommon support for REFEDS Assurance Framework v1.0 metadata attributes

REFEDS Assurance Framework v1.0 
REFEDs would like InCommon to implement support
 for the REFEDs assurance framework 1.0. 
 It was noted that SIRTFI came out of REFEDs
 and InCommon is supporting SIRTFI in Proof of Concept 


Decision was that the AAC should take this issue to InCommon Steering, explaining that these are profiles coming out of EU, and they will require additional support for InCommon. The bigger issues is: how should we as a community decide which available profiles InCommon will support and which ones InCommon will not support? The AAC should talk with Steering about the community education around the profiles.


[AI] (Brett) develop thought piece for Steering regarding approach around supporting available profiles 

Next AAC call: Wed., June 7 at 4pm ET

  



 

 

  • No labels