Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Notes and Action Items, AAC Call of 21-June-2017

  

  • Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska (chair)
  • Joanna Rojas, Duke
  • Chris Whalen, NIH
  • Ted Hanss, University of Michigan
  • Tom Barton, U. Chicago
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

  

New Action Items


[AI] (Ann) consult with Internet2 Legal Dept. about the InCommon FOPP and InCommon Participation Agreement changes suggested for Baseline Expectations


[AI] (Brett) clarify who can contact InCommon support about a baseline expectations concern. 
[AI] (Brett)  review Strawman Schedule for implementing Baseline Expectations and update it prior to July Steering meeting


[AI] (Brett) move some of the details (regarding contacts/metadata and process to notify InCommon Community)  to an operational appendix in the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations  (Brett started this)


[AI] (Ann) continue to work on the Draft Processes to Implement and Maintain Baseline Expectations


[AI] (Brett) make additional updates to the Diagram, Community Dispute Resolution Process


[AI] (Tom and Brett) review documents to make them more generic so they could apply more broadly, such as to handle issues around tags such as R&S or SIRTFI.  


[AI] (Tom) develop guiding principles for dispute resolution process


[AI] (Brett) develop thought piece for InCommon Steering regarding approach around supporting available profiles
[AI] (Emily) put reinstatement process (after metadata has been removed but then the issue is addressed) on a list for Ann and TomB to talk about with InCommon Ops
    • Can the FM be modified to automatically check for metadata validity
    • Once an entity has been modified in FM, can it be placed into the front of the maintenance process queue for checking contacts/URLs


Completed Action Items 
[AI] Brett add more background info to the Baseline Expectations Implementation consultation wiki page. (done)


[AI] (Tom) put decision that AAC handles metadata reinstatement into the BE Maintenance Processes  doc (done)


[AI] (Tom) ensure docs are correctly named - regarding maintenance and implementation (done)
[AI] (Brett) take the Baseline Expectations package to InCommon Steering at start of August (on the schedule now)


[AI] (Brett) talk with Kevin Morooney and Sean Reynolds prior to taking the BE implementation plan to Steering (done) 

Discussion

Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation


Baseline Expectations Implementation Consultation is open from July 23, 2017 until Aug. 18, 2017. This timing will allow incorporation of feedback from InCommon Steering  https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/uZ6TBg

Brett reached out to the InCommon Steering Chair Sean Reyonlds, Kevin Morooney and Ann West regarding getting on the InCommon Steering agenda for July and Aug. The current plan is:

  • Brett may be on the Steering agenda for July to give a heads up to Steering about the Baselines Expectations Maintenance process
  • On the August Steering call - more discussion about the FOPP etc 
  • Note: Ann may need to miss the July Steering call due to AACRAO Conference

It's important to update and refine the communications plan around Baseline Expectations Maintenance.
[AI] (Brett) will review Strawman Schedule for implementing Baseline Expectations and update it prior to July Steering meeting
 

The topic was raised of how much of a burden it will be for SPs and IDPs to meet the baseline expectations. It was noted that Jim Basey might have a good perspective on this.  (Note; immediately after this call, Chris Whalen reached out to Jim Basney and received some thoughts around burden for organizations that are note updated to Shibboleth v3.  

It was noted that some clarification would be helpful in the naming of the Baseline Expectations  Implementation and Maintenance docs. 
[AI] (Tom) ensure docs are correctly named - regarding maintenance and implementation

Reinstating metadata

Reinstating metadata after metadata has been removed in the Baseline Expectations Maintenance Plan – is a topic Ann was asked about at TNC17. It was agreed that accidental or intentional re-instatement are both scenarios we may want to think about.

 Two different use cases: 

▪ 1) went through dispute resolution and it failed. Went to AAC and peer review.  So it makes sense to return AAC and peer review

▪ 2) if the issue is just with InCommon ops, then InCommon ops could decide about reinstatement

 [AI] (Tom) will put decision that AAC handles metadata reinstatement into the BE Maintenance Processes doc (done)

[AI] (Emily) Put reinstatement process on a list for Ann and TomB to talk about with InCommon Ops
   ▪ Can the FM be modified to automatically check for metadata validity
    ▪ Once an entity has been modified in FM, can it be placed into the front of the maintenance process queue for checking contacts/URLs

Baseline Expectations Plan at 2017 TechEx 

 2017 Tech Ex is October 15-18  in San Francisco.  Tom and Dean have discussed which sessions might be best to present info on the Baseline Expectations Maintenance plan.


InCommon TAC WG on Attributes for Collaboration and Federation
Mark Scheible, Chair of InCommon TAC asks: 

"Please review the Charter for the Attributes for Collaboration and Federation WG
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F3_4QLGpXjYLzA8RwWArsWPPpEMxDTD1gCXfNdWk_hM/edit?usp=sharing\
and provide any comments or suggestions you may have.  In addition, at the bottom of the document is a list of potential Working Group participants (based on stakeholders roles).  If you have any suggestions for working group participants, please list them after their stakeholder role (e.g. Researcher SP, CIO, Auditor, etc.) and one of us will follow up on the suggestions."
 
Other Topics - for future calls
 
• InCommon support for REFEDS Assurance Framework v1.0 metadata attribute

• FICAM / Kantara news

 
Next AAC call: Wed., July 5 at noon ET



 


 

 

  • No labels