Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Call of Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018 


Attending:


  • Brad Christ, Southern Oregon University (chair)
  • Tom Barton, U. Chicago
  • Mark Scheible, MCNC
  • Brett Bieber, Nebraska
  • Klara Jelinkova, Rice
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2


Working Group Resources

  1.  Wiki:  https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/ipiTBg
  2.  Charter:  https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/VgPABg
  3.  List:  attributes@incommon.org

Discussion

Working Group Membership
Mark Scheible has joined this WG in formal role as InCommon TAC rep since Tom Barton is no longer on InCommon TAC


Results of discussions with CIOs and surveys 

  • Results of outreach around R&S to CIOS is in Google doc


Additional comments:

U of M Health system is working on IAM bridge between hospital and main campus
Acquired and affiliated hospitals are interested in library resources


At Common Solutions Group meeting in January 2018, Brett noted that low number of campuses are R&S Global supporters.  


Brett reports that the NSF requirement for Global R&S is having an impact. Has seen that at U. Nebraska


 [AI] (Tom) will look at wiki resources around IDP and SP best practices


[AI] [Tom] suggest additional schools for outreach


Survey Results

Brad will share info on the list on survey results

Over 100 schools responded so far.

Feedback that wiki pages may be too technical in some cases
We may be in an echo chamber
Hard for experienced people to advise on how to communicate to complete newbies
Perhaps we should hire a communications person who has no familiarity with the field? A fresh, novice person.

Schools who are not InCommon members are mostly familiar w InCommon


Almost 30% of InCommon member respondents not likely to participate in R&S
Some said “not familiar enough” and some said “my institution doesn’t do research”
Few said “it’s too risky”
Lack of understanding of value

Comment: The more SPs that use R&S, the more convincing use cases will exist.


2018 Global Summit , May 6-9, 2018
Emily requested an Attributes Working Group meeting for Monday lunch or Tues breakfast.
 

Next Call: Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018 


 

  • No labels