Notes for this working group are live-scribed at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1adxlMCIqBIFEdrQ4J8sytV5zPqYIer7znaNp_Evqg0U/edit#heading=h.4zjjv9vxdyxi
Working Group Chair: Karen Herrington
Working Group Flywheel: David Walker
Email list: email@example.com . To subscribe this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line subscribe mfa-interop
Calls for this working group are hour-long, weekly on Thursdays at 4pm ET / 3pm CT/ 2pm MT/ 1pm PT
The Assurance Advisory Committee (AAC) invites the Community to participate in the InCommon Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Interoperability Profile Working Group. The mission of the working group is to develop and document requirements for creating and implementing an interoperability profile to allow the community to leverage MFA provided by an InCommon Identity Provider by allowing SPs to rely on a standard syntax and semantics regarding MFA.
1. Assemble use cases that will motivate the deliverables of this working group
2. Develop short list of widely deployed MFA technologies in higher education that will be in scope for the profile
3. Define requirements for and draft MFA Interoperability Profile
4. Develop and recommend scope and plan for adoption
5. Present draft to InCommon community for review
6. Publish final profile
1. Profile should be constrained to address the articulated need for distributed MFA.
2. Ability to implement with current MFA and Federation technology should be a core design constraint.
3. Support for this capability should be exposed in the Federation Metadata.