Some of the InCommon/Quilt pilots are reaching the stage where schema questions come up. The pilot team would like to launch the work by identifying and documenting a small set of motivating use cases. The following is a discussion-starter draft of a template that pilot project teams would be encouraged to fill in. MACE-Dir participants are invited to suggest additions and improvements to this use case template.
- Describe the population that will be accessing services in this pilot
- Describe the services and resources this pilot will make available to authorized members of the population
- Have conversations with the providers of services and resources made clear what information about users will be relevant to the service providers' decisions:
- whether or not to grant access (for example, status - such as currently enrolled or current instructor)?, or
- level of, or restrictions to access? (for example based on age or grade level, role as instructor/administrator/student)?
- Who or what should be the authoritative source for each of these attributes?
- Do internal Service/Resource accounts exist for users of the service?** If so, describe how those are provisioned (e.g. file upload, vendor-provided API, SAML assertion)
- Has it been decided where the Identity Provider will run? What credentials the users will use to authenticate?
- If so, please describe
North Carolina - Discovery Education
[Your Use Case Here...]