Onboarding of New CTAB members
All should have been added/invited to
• CTAB sympa (email) list
• access to CTAB wiki
• Slack Channel on Baseline Expectations
CTAB Call Time: Biweekly on Wednesdays at 4pm ET
Review of Documents
◦ Feel free to send comments and questions to the CTAB email list.
◦ Public minutes of CTAB: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/InCCollaborate/InCommon+Assurance+Advisory+Committee+Minutes
◦ Baseline Expectations documents, linked from here: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/BE/Baseline+Expectations+for+Trust+in+Federation
◦ CTAB Charter now in Trust and Identity Doc Repository: http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.94.1
Metadata Health Check Email/Template
• The email includes a cover message common to all
• Includes links to upcoming webinar
• Includes link to Baseline Expectations FAQ https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/iYRQBw
• [AI] (TomB) Add to the FAQ more about the timeline… sometime after the 90 day notice then there will be consequences for repeated non-responsivenes https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/iYRQBw (Done)
• Then the email includes specifics on metadata health check for the specific organization
• In first check, we are checking for missing data only. Later we may check for URLs that don’t resolve, etc.
Selection of CTAB Co-chair
• Serving as CTAB co-chair can involve going over agenda items with the chair prior to the call and being looped into other administrative emails
• Will discuss again on next CTAB call
Document re-organization message from Dean
Upcoming Baseline Expectations Webinars https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/sALxBg
• Wed Feb 21: Health Checks
• Wed March 7: Participation Agreement changes
Participation Agreement (PA) and Federation Operating Policies and Practices (FOPP), vote or consensus
• Must turn revised FOPP and PA over to InCommon Steering next week for review prior to the Steering vote at their March 5, 2018 meeting
• Regarding dispute resolution (see FOPP section 8) (see PA section 10)
• Please send comments by end of week to CTAB email list.
• Possible “wrinkle” in process of updating FOPP and PA for Baseline Expectation:
◦ InCommon is also implementing the Steward Program in which InCommon partners with Regional Networks for supporting K12 https://www.incommon.org/steward/
◦ There are changes to FOPP and PA needed for the Steward Program also (in addition to the changes BE). Internet2 Legal may want to include the changes to the FOPP and PA needed for the Steward Program as we bring to the community the changes needed to the FOPP and PA for BE.
• CTAB voted to approve the proposed changes to PA and FOPP and move this along to Steering for their March 5 meeting.
• After Steering approval, an email will go to the community and then the 90 day review period will start.
Next CTAB Call: Wed. Feb. 28, 2018