InCommon Assurance Community Wiki
New InCommon MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group
Assurance Call on 1) Flexible Vetting and 2) NIST 800-63-2 - Recording Now Available
Wed., May 6, 2015
Assurance Call on Password Reset - Recording Now Available
Wed., April 1, 2015
Eric Goodman, Identity and Access Management Architect, University of California Office of the President, led a discussion on password reset issues.
Recording of AdobeConnect webinar available here
View the slides (PDF)
Guidance for Supporting SHA-2 Signed Assertions
In August 2014, InCommon released Migrating to SHA-2 to help certified campuses support SHA-2 signed assertions.
In June 2014, InCommon Steering approved the (now expired) "Alternative Means for Bronze and Silver Requirement to Discontinue SHA-1 Encryption for SAML Assertions" to ease the transition for Identity Provider Operators that had been certified by the InCommon Assurance Program or were wishing to apply for certification by January 15, 2015.
InCommon Silver with Active Directory Domain Services Cookbook for 1.2 Released
The final version of the InCommon Silver with Active Directory Domain Services Cookbook is available now! For an overview of the important bits, see the May 2014 webinar recording.
Reading Bronze: Understanding the InCommon Profile (recordings available)
InCommon sponsored a community reading of the Bronze InCommon Assurance Profile to aid in the understanding and intent of the requirements. There were four calls during Dec. 2013 and Jan. 2014. The calls have now concluded. Thanks to all who participated for the excellent comments and questions.
- Identity Assurance Assessment Framework; Version 1.2 Feb 2013 [PDF]
- Identity Assurance Profiles; Version 1.2 Feb 2013 [PDF]
- Alternative Means; Multi-factor Authentication for Silver certification
- DIFFS with 1.1: Framework and Profiles
- Deprecated Versions
Project Status: Shibboleth Identity Provider Enhancements (Multi-Context Broker)
The MCB v1.0 for development of Assurance Enhancements for the Shibboleth Identity Provider was completed and is now in use.
Earlier documentation on the Multi Context Broker.
Slides from IAM Online on the Multi-Context Broker (April 30, 2014)
- Assurance Technical Implementation Considerations - Draft Guidance for IdPs and SPs.
- See Implementation Examples
- Bronze and Silver AuthnContext Schema
- Check out the AD and Silver Cookbook, Multi-factor Considerations, and case studies.
- Assurance Implementation Example from Virginia Tech
- Harvard University Executive Summary of achieving Bronze Certification, Bronze Self-Certification Document, and Enhancing the Harvard Authentication System to Support InCommon Bronze
- Add your Approach to Supporting the Federal Privacy Requirements
- more community contributions
Webinars and Presentations
- InCommon Bronze Approaches from GW and Harvard, recorded March 4, 2015. See recorded Webinar. See slides (PDF).
- InCommon Bronze and Security, IAM Online with two case studies of achieving Bronze (Todd Haddaway of UMBC and Sharon Welna from the University of Nebraska Medical Center), recorded October 15, 2014 (slide deck also available)
- Successful Security Practices: Counting Failed Login Attempts, PDF slide Deck, Webinar recorded Sept. 3, 2014
- Better Practices Build Better Systems: Identity Assurance, recorded presentation by Ann West, Internet2, and Ron Thielen, U. Chicago, at EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference, May 2014
- Open for Business: InCommon Identity Assurance Program (PDF Silde Deck. Webinar recorded February 29, 2012)
- Grab the Bronze and Silver Ring: Identity Assurance Progress (PDF Slide Deck. Webinar recorded June 15, 2011)
InCommon Assurance News
Confluence Syndication Feed