MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group
Notes for this working group are live-scribed at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1adxlMCIqBIFEdrQ4J8sytV5zPqYIer7znaNp_Evqg0U/edit#heading=h.4zjjv9vxdyxi
InCommon MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group Charter
The Assurance Advisory Committee (AAC) invites the Community to participate in the InCommon Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Interoperability Profile Working Group. The mission of the working group is to develop and document requirements for creating and implementing an interoperability profile to allow the community to leverage MFA provided by an InCommon Identity Provider.
1. Assemble use cases that will motivate the deliverables of this working group
2. Develop short list of widely deployed MFA technologies that will be in scope for the profile
3. Define requirements for and draft MFA Interoperability Profile
4. Develop and recommend scope and plan for adoption
5. Present draft in session at Technology Exchange in October 2015
6. Publish final profile by November 30, 2015
1. Profile should be constrained to address the articulated need for distributed MFA.
2. Ability to implement with current technology should be a core design constraint.
3. Support for this capability should be exposed in the Federation Metadata.