Check out our additional pages related to IOT by clicking out Internet of Things on the left.
- Edward Aractingi – Marshall University
- Brian Stengel - University of Pittsburgh
- Raj Veeramani – University of Wisconsin
The IOT will incorporate many physical devices, sensors and facilities into a variety of public and private networks. This possibility presents many opportunities and challenges for our members and the world.
Potential areas for innovation
Smarter Cities / Smarter Campuses
- Smart Grid Testbed
Some related initiatives
- Many individual member institution programs
- NSF projects in “cyber-physical systems”
- Industrial Internet Consortium test beds
A few potential use cases
- Smart homes, campuses, and cities (including transportation, public safety, energy and power, building operations, …)
- Health care (Internet of medical Things, telemedicine, genomics and proteomics, medical imagery, …)
- Industrial manufacturing