AD-Assurance Notes from September 27
Michael Brogan, UW
Jeff Capehart, UFL
Eric Goodman, UCOP
Mark Rank, UCSF
Ron Thielen, U Chicago
David Walker, Internet2/InCommon
October 4 at Noon ET
- Finalization of the 2013 Cookbook for public review.
- Action Items
- Eric will edit the Cookbook this weekend to reflect today's discussion. This will be the version that is distributed on Monday if there are no comments.
- Every should review Eric's edits Sunday evening or by noon EDT on Monday.
- Ann will forward the document for review Monday afternoon EDT.
- 220.127.116.11.3 addresses non-IdP applications, in particular many MS applications. We'll mention them in our interpretation but not provide mitigation or management assertions, as they're out of scope of AD DS.
- Authentication Secret, Authentication Credential and IdP will be added to the Glossary.
- Text that has been lined out will be removed.
- The interpretation for IAP 18.104.22.168.1 between sections 3.1 (protection at rest) and 3.2 (protection in transit)
- When we don't say how to do something, we'll say that we don't know how (and add to MS questions).
- Change "Compensating Controls and Alternate Means Statements" to "Management Controls"
- Remove SHA1 references, except at beginning. Refer from there to current NIST draft.
- Note: The list of issues above may not align completely with Eric's notes. Eric's notes will be authoritative as he does this weekend's editing.