InCommon Assurance Community Wiki
InCommon Assurance Webinar
Successful Security Practices: Counting Failed Login Attempts
Wed., Sept. 3, 2014 at Noon ET
Looking to change your security practices by counting failed login attempts and locking accounts after the agreed-upon threshold has been reached? Interested in finding out how two institutions plan to do that? While monitoring unusual login activity is considered good security practice, counting failed logins is also part of the strategy for addressing the requirements of InCommon Bronze and Silver Identity Assurance Profiles.
Join us for an informal one-hour webinar presentation to hear how two campuses are approaching this issue and what they have under development.
Moderator: Jacob Farmer, University of Indiana
-Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
-Benn Oshrin, University of California-Berkeley
Adobe Connect Information:
URL: http://internet2.adobeconnect.com/assuranceimplementerscall> http://internet2.adobeconnect.com/assuranceimplementerscall
InCommon Silver with Active Directory Domain Services Cookbook for 1.2 Released
The final version of the InCommon Silver with Active Directory Domain Services Cookbook is available now! For an overview of the important bits, see the webinar recording (http://internet2.adobeconnect.com/p260zhrz2ea/).
Reading Bronze: Understanding the InCommon Profile (recordings available)
InCommon sponsored a community reading of the Bronze InCommon Assurance Profile to aid in the understanding and intent of the requirements. There were four calls during Dec. 2013 and Jan. 2014. The calls have now concluded. Thanks to all who participated for the excellent comments and questions.
Identity Assurance Assessment Framework; Version 1.2 Feb 2013 [PDF]
Identity Assurance Profiles; Version 1.2 Feb 2013 [PDF]
- Alternative Means; Multi-factor Authentication for Silver certification
- DIFFS with 1.1: Framework and Profiles
- Deprecated Versions
Project Status: Shibboleth Identity Provider Enhancements (Multi-Context Broker)
The MCB v1.0 for development of Assurance Enhancements for the Shibboleth Identity Provider has been completed and is available now for use. For more information and a project status, see Shibboleth Enhancements - Project Status.
See news on the Multi Context Broker.
See slides from IAM Online on the Multi-Context Broker (April 30, 2014)
- Assurance Technical Implementation Considerations - Draft Guidance for IdPs and SPs.
- See Implementation Examples
- Bronze and Silver AuthnContext Schema
- Check out the AD and Silver Cookbook, Multi-factor Considerations, and case studies.
- Assurance Implementation Example from Virginia Tech
- Add your Approach to Supporting the Federal Privacy Requirements
- more community contributions
Webinars and Presentations
- Better Practices Build Better Systems: Identity Assurance, recorded presentation by Ann West, Internet2, and Ron Thielen, U. Chicago, at EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference, May 2014
- Open for Business: InCommon Identity Assurance Program (PDF Silde Deck. Webinar recorded February 29, 2012)
- Grab the Bronze and Silver Ring: Identity Assurance Progress (PDF Slide Deck. Webinar recorded June 15, 2011)
InCommon Assurance News
Confluence Syndication Feed