New Grouper users should strongly consider installing Grouper using the InCommon Trusted Access Platform packaging approach with Docker.
Report Grouper Security Concerns here
View the Grouper Demo
Current Grouper release is v2.4.0
- Grouper Installer v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) (jar only) - Designed to get a working demo up and running quickly. Will also upgrade and patch Grouper to the latest version (experimental). Contains the Grouper API, UI, WS, loader (daemons), a demo database, a database engine, tomcat, and ant. All you need is Java 8 JDK.
- Grouper TIER package
- Grouper API Binary v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Binary release of the Grouper Application Program Interface and associated utilities. Getting started with the Grouper API Binary Distribution
- Grouper API Source v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Contains the full source for the Grouper Application Program Interface, Grouper Shell, and other associated utilities.
- Provisioning Service Provider Next Generation v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Latest provisioning plugin for Grouper
- Grouper UI v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Contains the full source for the Grouper New User Interface.
- Grouper WS v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Contains the full source for the Grouper Web Services Interface.
- Grouper Client v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Client for Grouper LDAP and Web Services, in binary form. Grouper Client v2.4.0 source is also available. Note: the latest 2.4.1-SNAPSHOT (binary, source)
- Grouper ActiveMQ messaging v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Implementation of the Grouper Messaging interface for ActiveMQ
- Grouper AWS SQS messaging v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Implementation of the Grouper Messaging interface for AWS SQS
- Grouper RabbitMQ messaging v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - Implementation of the Grouper Messaging interface for RabbitMQ
- Contributed Software
- Provided by the Grouper community, in addition to the above core Grouper products.
- Grouper Legacy UI Patch v2.4.0 (.tar.gz) - An overlay patch for a UI webapp to restore the legacy Admin UI and Lite UIs. See Restoring the Admin UI and Lite UI in Grouper 2.4+
- Grouper Box Connector
- Grouper Remedy Connector
- Grouper Duo Connector
- Grouper Voot Connector
- Grouper all tarballs and related tools for the offline installer
New Features in Grouper 2.4.0
Most features in Grouper 2.4.0 are also in 2.3.0 patches. The upgrade from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0 is a minor upgrade.
Migrate all screens in Admin and Lite UI to the "New UI" and remove the admin and lite UI. Note, you can add the legacy UI if needed
|Deprovisioning||Deprovision access from someone to loses an affiliation or changes jobs|
|Attestation||Groups and folders can be marked to require periodic membership review. Reminders will be emailed to group owners|
|Grouper deployment guide||Version 1 of the Grouper deployment guide is an introduction to Grouper and best practices for using it|
|Add new messaging strategies for ActiveMQ, AMQP (e.g. RabbitMQ), AWS|
|Grouper loader in UI||User interface to show loader configuration, diagnostics, logs, wizard editor|
|Subject API diagnostics||User interface to analyze, diagnose, and recommend improvements for subject source configuration|
|Real time SQL loader||Allow a change log table (SQL triggers) or messages to trigger loader updates for a partial population or single user|
|Instrumentation||Improve and standardize Grouper logging to provide centralized metrics at an institution and the ability to upload stats to a central Internet2 server|
|Packaging||Docker containers that hold Grouper components for each deployment|
|GSH next generation||Improve gsh by adding readline like capabilities (line editing, tab completions, history, etc)|
|Inbound messages||Allow Grouper to read a message queue and act on messages (e.g. membership changes etc)|
|vt-ldap to Ldaptive||Upgrade from vt-ldap to Ldaptive|
|properties config||Convert sources.xml and ehcache.xml to be cascaded properties files|
|Update 3rd party libraries||Update 3rd party libraries to the latest version that is feasible|
Grouper source code is on GitHub.
Previous Grouper Versions
For previous Grouper versions, click the link for the desired version:
As an open source project, support is provided by means of the Grouper documentation wiki and open mailing lists. Grouper implementers are urged and welcome to subscribe to the following email lists:
- Grouper-Announce mailing list, for important annoucements around security and releases.
- Grouper-Users mailing list, which is an open support forum for deployment issues.
- Grouper-Developers mailing list, for those interested in discussion of development issues.
To subscribe , see instructions here
Grouper is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. See http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html for a copy of this license.
Development of this software was supported with funding from Internet2, the University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, University of Washington, University of Memphis, University of Bristol (UK), the NSF Middleware Initiative (NSF 02-028, Grant No. OCI-0330626, Grant No. OCI-0330626, OCI-0721896, and OCI-1032468), and JISC. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).