Scalable Privacy: An NSTIC Pilot for the Identity Ecosystem
Attribute Registries, Bundles and Application Categories
A Note on Terminology
On these pages we will often group applications into application categories. It will sometimes be useful to group attributes into various attribute bundles based on their common applicability to a set of use cases. A given attribute bundle may be associated with a particular application category when the attributes in that bundle are generally required or useful for the operation of applications in that category.
- A first-cut, extremely rough and rudimentary browsable Multi-Schema Attribute Registry is under development as part of this project. The information is also available in the form of a spreadsheet and a Protégé ontology project.
- LoA Profile Registry
- Rutgers Identity Attribute Registry (PDF)
- R&S Category Bundle from InCommon
- SWAMID Entity Categories
- GPII (see ISO/IEC 24751 parts 1-3, at http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/index.html for their unbundled list)
On the power of the notion of context in assessing privacy dimensions of online scenarios
- Reading Notes on Helen Nissenbaum's Privacy in Context: Technology, Policy, and the Integrity of Social Life
Class diagram for digital resources and attributes relevant to a subject's accessibility preferences
(click thumbnail image to enlarge)
"An example of how a variety of attributes can be provided to a replying party for proper presentation of a web site to an identity having specialized access needs."
credits: Access for all abstract model from ISO/IEC 24751-1
Use Case Library
Meetings, Workshops, and Conferences of Interest
- Internet Identity Workshop (IIW) - 23-25 October 2012, Mountan View CA
- IDESG Plenary Meeting - 29-30 October 2012, Washington D.C.
- UK Privacy Notices (pdf 1 MB)
- Economic Tussles in Federated Identity Management: Susan Landau and Tyler Moore