Working Group and BPLAC Members to present at EDUCAUSE!
Join us on Tuesday, October 10 from 11:15AM–12:00PM CT. Check out the presentation abstract.
1.1. About the Cloud Scorecard and Institutional Profiles Advisory Group
The NET+ Business, Procurement and Legal Advisory Committee (BPLAC) sponsored a working group to focus on vendor management in higher education IT. In August of 2023, the working group submitted the framework they developed to share with the community and Internet2's NET+ program.
BPLAC identified the following areas where vendor management activities are performed as foci for the Working Group:
- Operational (technical) - performance related.
- Management of day-to-day or operational interactions with vendors. Maintaining good relationships with vendor technical staff for operational activities, security requirements, and monitoring SLAs.
- Procurement Management - internal process and price related.
- Selecting vendors (RFPs/contracting), maintenance of vendor information, legal risk mitigation, payment relations (Procure-to-pay), tax information and documentation
- Strategic Relationship - relationship and value related.
- Bigger picture relationship activities with vendors, shared vision of product(s) roadmap within the institution. Quarterly business reviews, partnering activities to gain value from the contract and overall vendor relationship (wide-scale adoption initiatives, donations/development, internships, etc), planning budgeting/finance
If you have a passion for improving vendor management practices in research and higher ed, we invite you to reach out to us at email@example.com.
|Emily Perry||University of Arizona||Chair|
|Lester Greenman||Northwestern University||Participant|
|Matt D'Emilio||Carnegie Mellon University||Sub-Group Lead||Strategic|
|Cindy Griffiths||Carnegie Mellon University||Participant|
|Dan Lewis||Clemson University||Participant|
|Marra Austin||College of William & Mary||Participant|
|Rebecca Kinkead||College of William & Mary||Sub-Group Lead|
|Joseph Holewa||Harvard University||Participant|
|Sean Nicholson||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Participant|
|Emma Levett||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Sub-Group Lead|
|Scott Genung||University of Illinois||Participant||Operational|
|Alicia Klein||University of Maryland Global Campus||Sub-Group Co-Lead|
|Phan Truong||University of Maryland Global Campus||Participant|
|Steve Tanner||University of Wisconsin - Madison||Participant|