InCommon TAC 2021 Work Plan
The TAC’s 2021 work plan is a synergistic portfolio of items with two overarching themes:
- Making federation easier: Lowering the barriers to getting on the federation highway for institutions that are unable or unwilling to run their own IdPs and for SPs wanting to join InCommon
- Increasing the value of participating in InCommon: Increasing value proposition by thinking which wants and needs are valuable to the most people. This means solving the business case to maximize investments.
Adopt SAML Deployment Profile
Evaluate the Kantara SAML2 Deployment Profile; produce recommendations on which/how/when InCommon should adopt elements of the SAML2 Deployment Profile:
- Which statements should be immediately required?
- Which should be required in near term (allow time for transition)
- Which should be considered for longer term requirements
- Which should remain best practice (e.g., they are not federation-related)
- Which needs update/amendment?
- How does this relate to Baseline?
Link to related materials
- Final Report of the Deployment Profile Working Group
- Responses from the DPWG recommendations survey
- [Part1] SAML2Int Adoption Analysis - Common Requirements
- [Part2] SAML2Int Adoption Analysis - Service Provider Requirements
- [Part3] SAML2Int Adoption Analysis - Identity Provider Requirements
Task group to analyze profile and drafting recommendation for TAC review/adoption
Consider R&E layer profile
What type of work is expected? Working Group, Liaison Efforts, Other?
(Template for New Proposed Work Item)
High-level description of new work item.
|Suggestion/Action Item||Comments or Elaboration||Name, Organization|