- Name: Texas A&M University
- Size: Approx 70K students, 11K faculty/staff
- Carnegie Classification: Public R1
- Medical School: Yes
- Academic focus: Agriculture, Architecture, Business, Engineering, Healthcare, Science, Veterinary Medicine
- Cloud adoption: Transformational Cloud
- Supported Platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Cloud URL(s): https://cloud.tamu.edu (coming soon)
- Cloud contact(s): email@example.com
- Cloud Strategy URL: https://it.tamu.edu/cloud/
- Business drivers for cloud: research, automation, data backup, Business Continuity
- Areas of cloud use: research, administrative (departmental, enterprise), teaching, improving operational efficiencies, experimentation.
Cloud story/narrative: Texas A&M has engaged AWS, Google, and Microsoft and is developing a framework to provide security, usability, and governance consistently across all platforms. The timeline for final configuration of Google and AWS is August, 2020.