- Created by Sara Jeanes (internet2.edu), last modified by Bob Flynn on Jan 14, 2023
Welcome to the NET+ Google Cloud Platform (GCP) wiki
Many Internet2 member institutions take advantage of this service offering. If your institution is one of them then this wiki will provide details on how to make the most of your participation of the programming and interact with peers across Internet2 member institutions.
This program is open to all US higher education institutions. There are additional access fees for institutions that are not members of Internet2. For details on how to join the program, please email email@example.com.
You can also find out more about the Internet2 Cloud Connect offering for GCP Partner Interconnect.
Service Documentation and Resources
Voluntary Product Accessibility Template® (VPAT) - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NET+ GCP has an Accessibility working group - if you would like to join please email email@example.com
- GCP identities are closely tied to the GSuite environment - schools currently use Google Cloud Directory Sync to sync users and to populate Google Groups
- If you are interested in working on a recommendation for dynamic group population and Role mapping for authorization management - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Cloud's HECVAT can be found on the REN-ISAC Cloud Broker Index
Contract and Pricing:
NET+ GCP Enterprise Customer Agreement - please email email@example.com
- Looking to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for NET+ GCP - check out our template RFP language
- NET+ GCP is designed to be sourced from your preferred Reseller. Choose an existing program Reseller or bring your own!
Participate in our Subscriber Community:
Institutions participating in the NET+ GCP program may take advantage of our email discussion list and Slack channel to receive curated program updates and participate in other activities and events.
The NET+ GCP Service Advisory Board hosts regular subscriber calls where campus cloud teams meet to discuss their challenges, share lessons learned and collaborate to find the best answers for their institutions' GCP deployment. We regularly bring in Google engineers or product managers to discuss services and give feedback on how GCP features could best serve the unique needs of higher education institutions.
Please contact Bob Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
Join the GCP Community Forum (Open to all community members):
Users of GCP are encouraged to join the #google channel in the EDUCAUSE Cloud Community Group Slack. See the Higher Ed Cloud Community page on the Cloud Wiki for instructions to join.
Collaborate on the Cloud Wiki:
Speaking of community, did you know about the Cloud Wiki? This was created specifically for YOU, members of the higher education community to collaborate with each other. Log in to see a Cloud Job descriptions page and contribute your knowledge!
Looking to share your latest Terraform config? Add it to the Cloud Wiki Helpful GitHub Repos list or email email@example.com to request access and create a repo in the Community Cloud Config GitHub organization.
Questions on Offers, Distributors and Resellers, Agreement Structure:
Find answers to frequently asked question in these Knowledge Base articles.
- NET+ GCP Subscriber FAQs and Overview
- Why does the program use Distributors and Resellers?
Best Practices for Using Cloud IAM and Cloud Billing in Higher Education
- Data Egress Fee Waiver
- GCP Teaching and Research Credits
Key Program Updates
Subscribers may review our mailing list archives for monthly program and GCP updates.
Create a blog post to share news and announcements with your team and company.
NET+ GCP Service Advisory Board Membership
- John Bailey, Washington University of St Louis (Chair)
- James Bennett, Indiana University
- Damian Doyle, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Stratos Efstathiadis, New York University
- Jay Hartley, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Joshua Hyman, University of Pittsburgh
- Atul Pala, San Jose State
- Brian Pasquini, University of Pittsburgh
- Sam Porter, University of Maryland
- Rick Rhoades, Penn State University
- Jim Thomas, Indiana University
- Bob Flynn, Internet2, Staff Liaison
To Contact the Service Advisory Board
- Internet2 NET+ Service Management firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carahsoft Customer Team email@example.com
- Reseller Contacts
- Internet2 Program Manager: Bob Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Feedback or Submit a Feature Request:
The NET+ GCP program is managed by an Internet2 program manager with the support of the NET+ GCP Service Advisory Board.
The NET+ GCP Service Advisory Board reviews and priorities community feature requests on a periodic basis. Feature requests may be submitted to email@example.com.
- No labels