The Itana Business Architecture Working Group discusses the broad domain of Business Architecture with the intent to develop tools and methods for the IT organization to become a strategic partner with the business. The goal is to bring together practitioners and provide a forum for sharing resources, ideas, experience and, inspiration.
Interested in participating? Please contact Dana Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Next Conference Call|
jeff kennedy from the University of Auckland will talk about how they use the CAUDIT higher education business reference model for strategic storytelling.
Day/Time: Friday March 1, 2019. 11AM Alaska, Noon PST, 1PM Mountain, 2PM Central, 3PM Eastern
Saturday, March 2. 9AM NZDT
To join the Meeting: https://bit.ly/jeff-kennedy-zoom
Winter 2019 Call Program
- Presentation by Betsy Draper and Angela Chauncey from Kansas State University: Federated Business Architecture Approach at Kansas State University
2019-01-18 Call Notes
- The call featured Ladan Heit, Enterprise Architect from Wilfrid Laurier University which is located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Ladan will demonstrate Business Architecture methods using the Insight-EA - Enterprise & Business Architecture SaaS Platform.
Business Architecture allows an organization to build a holistic view across multiple dimensions such as capabilities, people, processes, assets, and information, etc. so strategic objectives can better align with tactical demands.
The recording of a recent Open Group webinar about Insight EA is available at https://www.fios-insight.com/resources/videos/
2019-02-01 Call Notes
- The call will be Hosted by Piet Niederhausen from the University of Washington who will lead a discussion of the following topics:
- Continue last week's Itana discussion on ERP programs, focusing on how are ERP programs are doing business architecture -- Piet will bring examples from the current UW finance program
- Future discussion of doing business architecture for the IT organization, for example, IT strategy, ITSM process maturity, workforce development, etc. -- Piet will share the range of things the EA team has tried at the UW and the associated challenges
- Future discussion of last week's Itana call spent some time on UCSD's Enterprise Systems Renewal Program. Do working group members have experience with a similar renewal of "legacy" system programs?
2019-02-15 Call Notes
- jeff kennedy to present on the use of the CAUDIT business reference model for strategic storytelling at the University of Auckland (business process mapping; goals for the year; application inventory; Agile underpinnings and the implications for governance and strategy; helping the organisation understand itself; driving the portfolio).
- Dana Miller will present how the CAUDIT Higher Education Business Reference Model provides a systems view of the organization which aligns with elements of Deming's System of Profound Knowledge.
Spring 2019 Call Program
Development of the working group charter
Topics of Interest:
Effective, repeatable tools/approaches/processes
What works specifically in higher ed; what’s worked/hasn’t?
Use of best practices such as Lean, Agile, ITSM, EA
How and where does Business Architecture fit into higher ed? What is the value proposition?