Last reviewed: August December 2017
|title||October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month! Some quick links to get you started...|
- First, take a few minutes to complete this 8-question NCSAM Planning Guide worksheet (PDF or Word) to help you think about what resources and materials may be required.
- Visit our toolkits to find sample materials and free, adaptable resources: Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library, Security Awareness Quick Start Guide, and Security Awareness Detailed Instruction Manual.
- Find a guest speaker using our Speakers Bureau.
- Learn about the 2017 weekly themes in October and download free materials at StaySafeOnline.org or Stop.Think.Connect.
- Keep reading to learn more about security awareness, why security awareness is important, critical success factors for awareness activities, National Cyber Security Awareness Month, how we plan for NCSAM, and additional resources (including links to state, regional, and international efforts).
- Make plans for a year-round security awareness and education campaign by using our annual Campus Security Awareness Campaign materials, whether you promote topics monthly or quarterly. (2018 guest blogs now available!)