Group Leader (Chair): Jim Jokl, Univ of Virgina
Weekly meetings were held Thursday, 3:00 pm ET
The New Entities Working Group has completed its work. Recommendations are found here.
The InCommon metadata file contains, from a policy perspective, only one kind of entity---those owned and managed by, either directly or indirectly, an InCommon participant. There are proposals currently under review to add entities to metadata that deviate from this established practice:
- InCommon - Quilt Partnership Models
- IdP Proxy (proxying either IdPs or SPs) as a Metadata Entry
- EU IDP accessing SP at Brown
- Course with US-based and EU-based students
- Consequences of eduGAIN Metadata
- LIGO as an International Virtual Organization
Use Case Impact and Recommendations
Membership in the Working Group is open to all interested parties. Members join the Working Group by subscribing to the mailing list, participating in the phone calls, and otherwise actively engaging in the work of the group. It is particularly important that the work group include schools, both large and small, that are perceiving hurdles to federating their institution. The goal is to make the process easier and that will require broad participation.