External Identities Working Group
The External Identities Working Group has completed is work.
The mission of the External Identities Working Group is was to move the community of knowledge towards the goal of making external identities useful and sufficiently trusted in a variety of campus-based use cases. This group is Chaired by Eric Goodman of the University of California, Office of the President, this group was focused on the use of external identities by individuals, rather than an enterprise using an external identity provider as their enterprise IdP.
Specific goals for the External Identities Working Group includeincluded:
- Exploring/developing deployment models for using external identities in a variety of risk profiles
- Identifying and examining the technical components that are needed to make external identities useful across a broad array of services
- Exploring the notion of account linking between a campus-issued account and an external account
- Understanding the differences between external identities and local identities
Membership in the Working Group is open to all interested parties. Members join the Working Group by subscribing to the mailing list, participating in the phone calls, and otherwise actively engaging in the work of the group. The Working Group is expected to complete its work by December 31, 2014.
Work in Progress
- Final Report: External Identities Working Group Report
- Drafts and other working documents
- Status of ExtID Workgroup Deliverables
- External Identities Working Group Meetings - agendas and notes
- Use Case Categories
- Use Cases from External ID Workgroup Discussion
- Account Linking Approaches with Risks
- Concerns and Risks of Using External Identities; Discussion at 2015 ACAMP
- Evaluating External Identity Providers
- DRAFT - Outline for Final Report
Artifacts carried over from Social ID Workgroup
- Charter for External Identities Working Group including specific deliverables
- The External Identities Working Group is a follow-on activity from the Social Identity Working Group
- The electronic mail list for the External Identities Working Group is was email@example.com.