- serialNumber allows a client to pull new changes by indicating the last change it saw. As such, the value must be comparable, with later events having later serial numbers.
- sor designates the system of record that triggered the change.
- entity is a reference to a resource obtainable via the Read API.
- timestamp is when the event was recorded, which is not necessarily when the change happened.
- comment is an optional human readable comment describing the change.
- Attributes may be passed in a message. When this is done
- messageType indicates whether only the changed attributes are passed ("diff") or whether , only a subset of attributes are passed ("partial") or the full record is passed ("full").
- attributes is of the same format as the Read API.
- TBD: Can a client send a filter to restrict the events it wishes to see?