Comments on Face2Face Planning
- Would be great to tape the Face2Face so those who cannot attend can see all or parts.
- Abstract submitted to EDUCAUSE on SOA was not accepted for presentation or panel.
- But would like to share findings on SOA at the Face2Face.
- "Using SOA as a model" is on the agenda for the morning.
- Also in the afternoon, in the section on Applied Architecture, we cover "SOA as a way of dealing with disruptive change"
- It was agreed that a section on Leadership (such as Jim did last year at the Face2Face) will be important/valuable.
- A lot of being successful involves taking responsibility and going out and engaging with people
- Use cases are being sought for the afternoon section on Applied Architecture.
- There is some discontinuity to the elements of the program. Would be good to carry the "disruptive change" theme into the afternoon, to pull that through to the case studies if possible.
- Balance of group work versus presentations in the agenda seems good
- In thinking about reference architecture:
Could be hard to have a focused discussion since we won't have a draft of reference architecture ready yet
Perhaps get people's input on what they'd expect in the reference architecture
Would be good to have something to refer to as a jump start (find out what Kuali has?)
Agenda Build for Face2Face at EDUCAUSE