Performance Working Group
Minutes from Face-to-Face Meeting at 2011
Spring Member Meeting, 20-April-2011
- Internet2 Update -- Jeff Boote
- Indiana University’s Data Capacitor Wide Area Network (DC-WAN) – Matt Link, Robert Henschel_
- Speed Test Tool – Community Anchor Institution Data Collection and Mapping Working Group - Randy Stout, Seth Peery
- Circuit Monitoring Implementation for OSCARS --Aaron Brown
- Periscope - Martin Swany and Dan Gunter
Q: Do you look at the visualization when there is problem with the file system performance, or when there is a new wide area link or all the time for quality control?
A: Can capture and visualize data all he time, though we can't link to application in every case. Generally, we run the visualization once when we branch to new location.
Q: For the data capacitor, what network data characteristics are best : low latency? same performance in both directions?
A: Best is when there is symmetric routing, same path back and forth, otherwise it can be necessary to debug on 2 networks. Also, obviously, the lower the latency the better. Performance is important, but we also stress the convenience aspect. Uses TCP for network connection