Tom Barton, U. Chicago, Chair
Chris Hyzer, U. Penn
Jim Fox, U. Washington
Lynn Garrison, Penn State
Rob Hebron, Oxford
Shilen Patel, Duke
Tom Zeller, U. Memphis
Ann West , Internet2
Steve Olshansky, Internet2
Emily Eisbruch, Internet2 (scribe)
New Action Items
\[AI\] Chris will put attribute framework UI work on demo siteunmigrated-wiki-markup Wiki Markup
\[AI\] (LynnG) will create a JIRA issue regarding performance benchmarking [performance benchmarking https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-574]unmigrated-wiki-markup
\[AI\] (JimF) will add the new JNDI source adapter into the subject SVN
\[AI\] (Shilen) will ask the list and open JIRAs about the "timestamp as updated" issueunmigrated-wiki-markup Wiki Markup
\[AI\] (SteveO) will add a documentation request page on the Grouper wiki
Carry Over Action Itemsunmigrated-wiki-markup
\[AI\] (Rob) will follow up with Danno on obtaining the server for the Continuous Integration Environment. (status: Will be ready by end of week)
\[AI\] (TomZ and Chris) will discuss/work on LDAP Grouper Loader for importing groups. JIRA 442unmigrated-wiki-markup Wiki Markup
\[AI\] (Everyone) review Rob's chapters and give him feedback on the Grouper Users List.unmigrated-wiki-markup
\[AI\] (TomB) will explore new international participation for work on the Grouper UI (status: will handle this on release of Grouper 2.0)
Reminder: Agendize Grouper UI strategy for after the release of Grouper 2.0.
- Wiki Resuscitation - SteveO has completed what can be done to fix issues that arose as a result of the recent wiki move
- TomB will be requesting funding for additional help with the wiki. Would be good if this person could do some Q&A work on the doc. TomB would like suggestions on what specifically ought to be done to make the doc better.
- SteveO pointed out that the Shibboleth documentation has a section for managers and a section for more technical people
- Jim noted that the GSH documentation could benefit from more examples ( though there is an issue with examples that they sometimes need updating when a new version of the software gets released)
- Lynn G noted that questions around Grouper performance that arose in a Penn State Meeting were not findable in the Grouper doc
- There is a category in JIRA for documentation.unmigrated-wiki-markup
- \[AI\] (LynnG) will create a JIRA issue regarding performance benchmarking [performance benchmarking https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-574]unmigrated-wiki-markup
- Would be good to have a place on the wiki where people can request documentation \request documentation [AI\] (SteveO) will add a documentation request page on the Grouper wiki
- Emily made suggestions on structure of documentation, summarized in an email dated 3-3-11 to Grouper-Core
\[AI\] Chris will put attribute framework UI work on demo site
Chris stated that in the future (beyond Grouper 2.0) more features will be added to this attribute framework UI, including a tree view and ways to understand / visualize the hierarchies and dependencies. Could incorporate some of the visualization approaches (folder browser metaphor) used in the GIP RECIA UI.
- The new JNDI source adapter configures quite differently from the existing one.
- Would not work as a drop in replacement, existing config files would need to be updated
- New JNDI source adapter can configure with a sources.xml file and can also use a property file for configuration.
- It allows certificate authentication to LDAP
- Chris noted that all of the config files are on the class path and an example one gets copied
\[AI\] (JimF) will add the new JNDI source adapter into the subject SVN. Wiki Markup
Subject is Unresolvable
- ScottK asked how it's handled if the Grouper API is unable to resolve subjects from the LDAP on
behalf of LDAPPC because it cannot authenticate to the LDAP https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/grouper-users/2011-02/msg00079.html
- Jim stated the opinion that Grouper should not run if subject source unavailable
- Chris suggested that the UI or WS should not shut down if the source is not available.