Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


CTAB Call Tuesday November 2, 2021


  • David Bantz, University of Alaska (chair)   
  • Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska (vice chair)   
  • Pål Axelsson, SUNET 
  • Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Globus, University of Chicago  
  • Ercan Elibol, Florida Polytechnic University 
  • Richard Frovarp,  North Dakota State 
  • Eric Goodman, UCOP - InCommon TAC Representative to CTAB   
  • Meshna Koren, Elsevier   
  • Dave Robinson, Grinnell College in Iowa, InCommon Steering Rep, ex-officio 
  • Chris Whalen, Research Data and Communication Technologies 
  • Robert Zybeck, Portland Community College 
  • Tom Barton, Internet2, ex-officio  
  • Johnny Lasker, Internet2    
  • Ann West, Internet2  
  • Albert Wu, Internet2   
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2  
  • Netta Caligari, Internet2 
  • Hannah Short CERN   


  • Jon Miner, University of Wisc - Madison    
  • Andy Morgan, Oregon State University     
  • John Pfeifer, University of Maryland  
  • Jule Ziegler,  Leibniz Supercomputing Centre
  • Kevin Morooney, Internet2



SIRTFI tabletop exercise

  • Welcome Hannah Short (SIRTFI WG/previously CERN security team) to the call
  • Hannah was involved in the AARC project around SIRTFI
  • DavidB: as discussed at last CTAB call, there is interest in working with other organizations beyond InCommon to do SIRTFI exercises
  • Possible parties at the table
    • REN-ISAC
    • InCommon Security Incident Response
    • REFEDS SIRTFI Working Group
    • eduGAIN Security Response Group
  • Kyle Lewis spoke with Hannah Short  
  • Scoping the tabletop exercise is important
  • Potentially, Invite REN-ISAC to help design tabletop exercise
  • Draft working group charter
       (it’s ok to share the draft with potential participants)
  • CTAB members, please feel free to edit the draft charter
  • Convening the  planning working group, interested individuals include:
    • David Bantz
    • Kyle Lewis, (Mike Tartakovsky of NIH has been very supportive and supports Kyle’s participation)
    • Tom Barton
    • Dave Robinson
    • Hannah Short/Romain Wartel whilst HS is on leave after the holidays
    • Sumit Nanda, NIH CIT
    • Brett may volunteer someone from University of Nebraska, not sure if it should be an security person or an identity person (Meshna also wonders which type of person is best)

    • Comment: it will be helpful to have entity level interactions represented
    • Consider inviting specific individuals in key areas (e.g., research, REN-ISAC, research cyberinfrastructure in US/Europe)
    • WISE /  Hannah Short(?) 

    • AnnW: CTAB will help promote establishment of  the working group and identify a chair
    • Once the working group is convened, the working group members can tweak the charter and bring it back to CTAB for approval
    • A deliverable from the Working Group could be outreach to both the security and identity sectors, figuring out ways to bridge both communities

  • DavidB will 
    • find a meeting time using a Doodle Poll
    • send out a broader invitation for participation
  • Albert will make sure wiki, mailing list and Slack channel  are provisioned, (there is already  a google folder)

Recap of October 26, 2021 BEv2 Office Hour

    • Well attended
    • New people attended and needed a “hand hold”
    • Asking how do I meet this requirement
    • In some cases, communication was not going to the correct people and there was recognition of the need to fix contact info
    • Draft notes are here:

CTAB election/nominations

    • Nominations close at end of day today, Nov 2
    • Netta will provide info to CTAB in the next few days
    • CTAB will discuss the nominees at the November 17 CTAB call

BE2 Dispute Docket / Extension Form review

  • There are now 168 non-complying orgs
  • There is a Docket/Sortable table (ask Albert for the link if you don't have it)
  • Suggestion to start reaching out to those with IDPs outstanding, (some just have issues with service providers and this is less critical)
  • CTAB members: Please go through docket, if you see an org you have a relationship with, claim it by adding your name
  •  One school has already asked for an extension via email
  • Suggestion to send an email providing link on how to request an extension
  • Last time we capped at 90 day max for extension
  • The 90 day threshold is important
  • Require a date by which you will meet BEv2 or provide an update

Next CTAB Call: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2021