BE2 Implementation Guide
The annotated BE2 Implementation Guide is a republished wiki edition of the official Implementation Guidance for Baseline Expectations 2 document. It provides detailed guidance on how to meet each of the BE2 requirements. This web edition contains additional, up-to-date comments and notes.
Baseline Expectations 2 FAQ
The Baseline Expectations 2 FAQ provides quick tips and answers to help you bring your services to adherence with the requirements in Baseline Expectations 2.
Baseline Expections 2 is Here
On November 3, 2020, the InCommon Steering Committee approved the addition of 3 new statements to Baseline Expectations (Baseline Expectations 2, or BE2). The rollout for BE2 began in later November 2020. The Federation will officially transition to BE2 on July 19, 2021.
About Baseline Expectations
The InCommon Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation are comprised of three brief sets of statements for the parties participating in the InCommon Federation: Identity Provider Operators (IdP), Service Provider Operators (SP), and the Federation Operator. Participants are required to adhere to these statements as a condition of participating in the Federation. Together, these statements:
- provide a baseline for trust
- make collaboration more predictable
- ensure that the InCommon Federation’s strategic value to research and education continues to grow.
- Baseline Expectations Wiki
- Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation v2.0 →
- Implementation Guidance for Baseline Expectations 2 →
- Community Consensus Process for interpreting Baseline Expectations →
- Community Dispute Resolution Process →
- Processes to Maintain Baseline Expectations →
- Baseline Expectations 2 FAQ