Note: Working groups are designed to last less than a year for a specific purpose. A separate common process for working group startup will be developed.
|First Tues in Sept||Begin process of editing the common nomination solicitation. Each committee will edit their section.|
|First Wed in Sept||Chair sends note to current committee members with expiring terms & consider reaching out to members who have not been able to participate fully to determine if they would like to continue.|
|Sept meetings||Chair determines membership needs. Committee discuss how many seats are open to fill, considering goals for the next year, needs and expertise. Also consider the number of open slots so that there is balance in members rolling off and existing members.|
|Last business day in September|
Deadline for response from current committee members.
Deadline for committee edits to the common nomination solicitation.
|First business day in October|
Community notice – nominations open - Consolidated announcement. Advocacy Program Manager provides common nomination form. Existing members do outreach to potential nominees.
Chair starts discussion on criteria for reviewing nominations & generate list for voting & asks if returning members are willing to serve as a Chair or Vice Chair.
|~ October 15||Advocacy Program Manager closes nominations.|
|Last meeting in October||Chair leads meeting to discuss nominations.|
|Second meeting in November||Chair notifies Advocacy Program Manager of the final ballot and new member election is held before next meeting.|
|After elections||For committees that need Steering approval, committee chairs will send new roster to Steering for approval.|
|Late November||Chairs contact new members to notify them and invite to the last meeting of the year. After that, those not selected are notified.|
|First meeting in December||Chair works with Advocacy Program Manager to hold officer elections. Once notified of the results, the chair will send the proposed chair/vice chair to steering for approval if necessary.|
|Early December||Advocacy Program Manager onboards new members & adds to lists, grants wiki access, adds to Slack channels, etc.|
|Last meeting of the year||Chair holds first meeting with incoming members. New members attend the last meeting of the year in preparation for their upcoming term.|
Common nomination form for all committees & working groups
Optional Officer nominations and election procedure:
- Open the call for nominations for officers. Deadline for nominations is approximately 4 days later.
- By close of business on deadline for nominations, send officer nominations to email@example.com (alias goes to staff members)
- Confirmation of willingness to serve as an officer completed approximately 4 days later
- Voting opens for officers opens 1 day later (via Google form)
- Voting for officers closes 5-7 business days laterAll continuing members are on the ballot, members to notify the Advocacy Program Manager or Flywheel if they don't want to serve and be on the ballot.
- Ballot is sent out.
- Ballot is tallied, the person with the most votes is chair, with the second most votes is vice chair.
- First January meeting - new officers in place; committee proceeds with business.