- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Welcome to the NET+ Google Workspace for Education (GWE) wiki. GWE Plus includes all the productivity and collaboration tools of G Suite for Education (e.g. Gmail, Docs, Meet), plus premium tools and enhanced security controls.
Detailed information about the three paid editions of Google Workspace for Education is listed below:
GWE Plus (GSEfE at that time) entered into the NET+ Service Evaluation in May, 2020 and an agreement was signed in June 2021. The agreement was amended in April 2022 and again in December 2022.
Amplified IT and Burwood are the two NET+ GWE Resellers that have been selected via a Request for Information process led by Internet2 with participation from the Service Evaluation institutions.
To learn about the NET+ Google Workspace for Education offering in effect for 2023, visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document.
Participate in our Subscriber Community
Join the Google Workspace Storage Management Workgroup (Open to all community members):
Users of Google Workspace for Education are encouraged to join the Cloud Storage Management workgroup. The group meets monthly and is tackling topics surrounding storage management, and data migration. Contact Dana Voss dvoss @internet2.edu if you have an interest in joining the group. Several sub-working groups have been working on a repository of best practices for the higher education community:
- Deprovisioning of Accounts, working group of 20+ universities led by Chuck Boheim, Cornell University
- Data Migration for Google Workspace for Education, working group of 10+ universities led by Hellen Zziwa, Harvard University
- Communication, working group of 10+ universities led by Matt Klein, Cornell University
- Quota Management, working group of 20+ universities led by Justin Zemlyak, Indiana University
Email discussion list and Slack
Institutions participating in the NET+ Google Workspace for Education program may take advantage of our email discussion list and Slack channel to communicate with peer institutions, receive curated program updates and participate in other activities and events.
Users of Google Workspace for Education are encouraged to join the Google Workspace for Education Community Group offered by EDUCAUSE.
Service Advisory Board (limited to subscribers to the NET+ GWE program)
The NET+ Google Workspace for Education Service Advisory Board kicked off its work on March 2, 2022. We currently do not accept any new participants.
Current areas for focus for the Advisory Board include on-going improvements to tools and program related aspects.
Eight geographically diverse, public and private universities, completed the NET+ Service Evaluation of a number of aspects of the Google Workspace for Education offering, with a focus on capabilities provided in the enterprise offering and priorities identified by the service evaluation team.
NET+ Google Workspace for Education Advisory Board
- Garret Yoshimi, University of Hawaii
- Gene Adams, The Art Institute of Chicago
- Ian Crew, Luis O. Hernández Muñiz, UC Berkeley
- Jack Suess, Damian Doyle, UMBC
- Jacquelin J. Carty, Dartmouth
- Kenny Drake-Sargent, New York University
- Marc Cougle, Rice University
- Matt Deal, North Carolina State University
- Michael Driscoll, The George Washington University
- Stephen Burke, Cornell University
- Tom Lewis, University of Washington
To Contact the NET+ GWE Advisory Board
- Internet2 NET+ Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions about NET+ Google Workspace for Education eligibility, pricing and storage limits
Presentations and resources are now available
Service Documentation and Resources
Accessibility: VPAT for G Suite
Identity: Campus Identity Guidance for NET+ GSEfE
Contract and Pricing: NET+ pricing and terms negotiated as part of the evaluation in 2021 and amended in 2022.