- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents
Delegated Administration is the ability for a Site Administrator to delegate management of select Service Provider(SP) metadata to another person in their organization. This delegated role is called a Delegated Administrator. For organizations with a large number of SPs, or where the SP is operated by a departmental unit, delegated administration allows an organization to spread out the metadata management workload.
How delegated metadata administration works
- A Site Administrator delegates the ability to administer SP metadata to a delegated administrator by providing the
eduPersonPrincipalNameand e-mail address of a prospective Delegated Administrator.
- A Site Administrator uses the Delegated Administration feature in Federation Manager to assign ongoing management duties of particular SPs to a Delegated Administrator.
- A Delegated Administrator may modify and/or delete SP entities assigned to him/her.
- A Delegated Administrator can create new SP entity.
- Any metadata update made by a Delegated Administrator must be approved by a Site Administrator for publication to the InCommon metadata.
For Site Administrator:
- Prepare for Delegated Administration assignment
- Assign access to a Delegated Administrator
- Approve updates submitted by a Delegated Administrator
For Delegated Administrator:
In this section
|Content by Label
Can't find what you are looking for?