Working with the metadata service
Configure your software to use InCommon metadata in production.
- production metadata signing key
The "preview" MDQ Service environment allows you to validate your service against upcoming changes to the MDQ Service.
Preview environment status: the preview environment current mirrors the production environment.
Find out the latest features and changes to the MDQ Service.
- Measure MDQ performance
- Metadata Query Protocol
- Legacy metadata aggregates
- Tagging Per-Entity Metadata (for release policies, etc)
Other Federation topics
Keeping everyone safe - we are moving legacy metadata signing online.
To comply with the State of Michigan's limited shelter-in-place/stay-at-home executive order, we are replacing our in-person metadata signing process used to sign the legacy metadata aggregate with a secure cloud-based signing process, originally developed for MDQ. To learn more, read on.
Want to see how adopting the MDQ metadata service affects your system's performance?
Here is an in-use memory graph at the moment a university switched to using MDQ in its production IDP servers:
Great results from a Service Provider:
"We were able to switch to using MDQ. The service restarts in 5 seconds now versus 15 minutes."
Service Level Objectives
The production endpoints of this service are designed to meet the following requirements on a best-effort basis:
- 99.9% availability
- <= 200ms per request from clients on the Internet2 network
- Metadata validity window of no less than 5 business days (metadata is valid for 14 days, but may be signed infrequently over extended holiday periods)
- You can see the status of InCommon services on our status dashboard
It's worth noting that since launch, both the technology preview and production environments have had 100% availability.