Find an entity or a group by searching (requires VIEW privilege or greater)
1. Click "Search" in the "My Tools" segment of the left menu
2. In the "Search people or groups" panel, type a search term. In this example we search for every entity with "tarbuck" in the name
3. Click the "Search" button, or press the Return key, to submit. A search results screen will appear
.. and here we search for arts.
4. In the results list, click an entity name or a group path to view the Entity Details screen for your selection
- If you have selected a group, you can click "View Group Summary" near the bottom of the summary panel to go to the Group Summary screen, which includes additional options for working with information related to that group. (The options shown will be based upon your privilege level for the group). In this example we click on the QS University of Bristol:Academic faculties:Arts:Staff group and then click the "View Groups Summary" link
If you cannot see an entity or group, you may lack permission to view it (we're logged in as GrouperSystem, so this won't happen). Try modifying your search, or contact your administrator