Git for source code version control
(Mac) Command line installs
$ brew install git
Or Install from package https://git-scm.com/downloads
- Eclipse IDE plugin
- Github Desktop is also handy
Java - Grouper runs on Java
Install OpenJDK 8 exact version (not above or below). Grouper runs on Java.
- Note: do not use Java language features above Java 8 for most of Grouper - grouper, grouper-ui, grouper-ws, etc. The grouperClient code must be compliant with Java 6.
Apache Tomee - Grouper runs in Tomee
- Download and unpack Tomee webprofile 7.0.7. Note: Grouper runs in tomcat 8.5, which is what tomee 7.07 has
- One option: Docker Desktop - to run our development database
- Install Docker Desktop. We’ll use this to run our development database.
- or You could just use hsql
- or Install mysql or postgres or use external database (external will be slow)
Eclipse - Grouper development happens in Eclipse (or your favorite IDE)
- Install Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers or similar IDE
- Make sure you have the latest eclipse (2020) or upgrade your current eclipse
- Make sure the eclipse ini has at least 3 gig memory
If you get errors on the client about deprecated libraries, you might need to adjust your compiler errors/warnings
Line endings should be unix
If you get errors on maven lifecycle set this: