Registry v3.3.0 introduces the concept of Data Filters, a plugin-based mechanism to modify or filter data in certain contexts. The initial implementation supports the provisioning context: when :
- Org Identity Source: When a record is retrieved from an Organizational Identity Source, the record is passed through any Data Filters attached to the Org Identity Source before being persisted as an Org Identity. This context is available as of Registry v4.1.0.
- Provisioning Target: When a provisioning action is run, the relevant data is passed through any Data Filters attached to the Provisioning Target prior to the Provisioner Plugin receiving it.
To set up Data Filters, first instantiate the appropriate plugin via Configuration > Data Filters. Add a new Data Filter of the appropriate type, set the context, and provide any plugin specific configuration. Note If the plugin must does not support the appropriate context, an error will be thrown.
Once the Data Filter is configured, it must be attached somewhere to be used.
- For Data Filters supporting the Org Identity Source context, go to Configuration > Organizational Identity Source. Click Edit for the Organizational Identity Source to attach the Data Filter to, then Attach Data Filters.
- For Data Filters supporting the Provisioning Target context, go
- to Configuration > Provisioning Targets. Click Edit for the Provisioning Target to attach the Data Filter to, then Attach Data Filters.
From this page, add or manage the Data Filters for this Provisioning Target. Note that Provisioning Target Filters can be ordered, in case it is important for one filter to run before another.