- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Welcome to the NET+ Amazon Web Services (AWS) wiki.
Many Internet2 member institutions take advantage of this service offering. If your institution is one of them then this wiki will provide details on how to make the most of your participation of the programming and interact with peers across Internet2 member institutions.
This program is open to all Internet2 higher education, affiliate and federal affiliate members as well as non-member higher education institutions. If you are looking details on how to join the program, please visit the Sign Up Tab of the NET+ AWS webpage.
You can also find out more about the Internet2 Cloud Connect offering for AWS Direct Connect.
Service Documentation and Resources
NET+ AWS Portal Identity Guidance - For end user self service AWS account requests
- InCommon-enabled Group to role mapping for AWS Accounts
- Cloud Controls Matrix - please email email@example.com
Higher Education Cloud Vendor Assessment Tool (HECVAT) - pending
Contract and Pricing:
NET+ AWS Enterprise Customer Agreement - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NET+ Infrastructure and Platform Services (IPS) Program Participation Agreement and Schedule - pre-req for subscribing to NET+ AWS
Participate in our Online Community (Subscribers Only):
Institutions participating in the NET+ AWS program may take advantage of our email discussion list and Slack channel to receive curated program updates and participate in other activities and events. Please contact email@example.com to be added.
Join the AWS Community Forum (Open to all community members):
Users of AWS are encouraged to join theAWS Community Channel in the Educause Cloud Community Group Slack. See the Higher Ed Cloud Community Conversation and Additional Resources page on the Cloud Wiki for instructions to join.
Collaborate on the Cloud Wiki:
Speaking of community, did you know about the Cloud Wiki? This was created specifically for YOU, members of the higher education community to collaborate with each other. Log in to see a Cloud Job descriptions page and contribute your knowledge!
Looking to share your latest Terraform config? Add it to the Cloud Wiki Helpful GitHub Repos list or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access and create a repo in the Community Cloud Config GitHub organization.
Questions on Billing, AWS Orgs, or CloudCheckr:
Find answers to frequently asked question in these Knowledge Base articles.
- Organizations - Customer On-boarding and Management
- DLT Secure Handling Of AWS Accounts And Organizations
New Accounts created through Organizations do not include Support by default. To change this to DLT Business Support, follow the instructions in How To - Change AWS Support Option
- AWS Control Tower
To prevent DLT from getting 1000 credit memos for the Data Egress Fee Waiver (DEFW) payer, the discount is built into the utilization invoice. For Universities that have their own Payers, AWS is billing utilization at MSRP and then giving us credit memos for DEFW which is shown on the face of the invoice submitted to the customer. Does not appear on backup file. Does appear in CloudCheckr.
Key Program Updates
Subscribers may review our mailing list archives for monthly program and AWS updates.
NET+ AWS Service Advisory Board (SAB) Membership
- Gerard Shockley, Boston University, Chair
- Cornelia Bailey, University of Chicago
- Asbed Bedrossian, Emeritus
- Scott KirnerDamian Doyle, University of Notre DameMaryland Baltimore County
- Bob Flynn, Indiana UniversityChris Manly,
- Cornell Jeff Gumpf, Case Western Reserve University
- Jim Jokl, University of VirginiaDamian
- DoyleScott Kirner, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Jeff Gumpf, Case Western Reserve University
- Jeff Schneider, College of the Ozarks
- Notre Dame
- David Lacey, J. Paul Getty Trust
- Chris Manly, Cornell University
- Rick Rhoades, Penn State University
- Jeff Schneider, College of the Ozarks
To Contact the Service Advisory Board
NET+ AWS Advisory Board Goals
- Internet2 NET+ Service Management email@example.com
- DLT Customer Team firstname.lastname@example.org
- DLT Ops Team
- Internet2 Program Manager: Sean O'Brien
Send Feedback or Submit a Feature Request:
The NET+ AWS program is managed by an Internet2 program manager with the support of the NET+ AWS Service Advisory Board.
The NET+ AWS Service Advisory Board reviews and priorities community feature requests on a periodic basis. Feature requests may be submitted to email@example.com.