What topics are top of mind for you right now?
- How to manage system dependencies diagram without spending money on expensive enterprise level EA software? Where to start? I heard Archi is a good place to start but will it be too technical for business users to understand its benefit?
- Meeting Skills: Facilitation from the side; translating what you hear back into requirements
- What are the first three skills you would focus on as an architect? What skills should we spend our time honing?
- Communication: trying to get people to see past the "icing on the cake" and see the actual substance.
What questions would you want to ask a panel of established architects?
- What distinguish between a EA and a BA? Both look at the future state and the current state to come up with potential solutions.
- How do you start with technical people and build out a subset of architects without access to formal training?
- Where is the line of delineation between the technical skillset and the architectural skillset? How do you "get their hands off the keyboard" and up a level?
- Moving away from "building a single building" and into "building a whole city"
- What does the roadmap look like when you are just starting out your practice? What are the 3-month, 6-month, 9-month goals? What is that journey? Major milestones to shoot for?
- In context as part of your journey and experience
- What significant failures they had in their careers that provided lessons that have contributed to their success in their EA program? What are those failures and what did they learn?
- Moving from technical (TOGAF) all the way to Digital Transformation
What would you want out of the New2EA Face2Face session in October?
- Interaction with the group will add the value for this session
- Opportunities to review of work product and provide feedback
- 12 influencing strategies? Toolbox of skills available
- Practice with other people skills
(insert screen shot of attendees or type out names)
- Jacob Morris - University of Washington
- Rich Cropp - Penn State
- Louis King - Yale
- Marlon - UWI
- Jeremy Pelegrin - Tulane
- Mary Stevens