Issue of soft warning versus hard validation for metadata
- Current there is the metadata health check process. https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/15570
- At this point there is a “soft warning” if metadata elements are missing. The submitter gets a notice of missing metadata elements when they “save” but the entity is still accepted.
- Possible downside to “hard validation” is that we could stop some entities from publishing new entities in InCommon?
- We should give advance warning to the community when we move to “hard validate.”
- Perhaps allow the hard validation to be made soft if an entity provides a reason for their inability to provide complete metadata.