- Presentation by Betsy Draper and Angela Chauncey from Kansas State University: Federated Business Architecture Approach at Kansas State University
2019-01-18 Call Notes
- The call featured Ladan Heit, Enterprise Architect from Wilfrid Laurier University which is located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Ladan will demonstrate Business Architecture methods using the Insight-EA - Enterprise & Business Architecture SaaS Platform.
Business Architecture allows an organization to build a holistic view across multiple dimensions such as capabilities, people, processes, assets, and information, etc. so strategic objectives can better align with tactical demands.
The recording of a recent Open Group webinar about Insight EA is available at https://www.fios-insight.com/resources/videos/
2019-02-01 Call Notes
- The call will be Hosted by Piet Niederhausen from the University of Washington who will lead a discussion of the following topics:
- Continue last week's Itana discussion on ERP programs, focusing on how are ERP programs are doing business architecture -- Piet will bring examples from the current UW finance program
- Future discussion of last week's Itana call spent some time on UCSD's Enterprise Systems Renewal Program. Do working group members have experience with a similar renewal of "legacy" system programs?
2019-02-15 Call Notes
- jeff kennedy to present on the use of the CAUDIT business reference model for strategic storytelling at the University of Auckland, New Zealand (business process mapping; goals for the year; application inventory; Agile underpinnings and the implications for governance and strategy; helping the organisation understand itself; driving the portfolio).
|2019-03-01 Call Notes|
- Dana Miller will present how the CAUDIT Higher Education Business Reference Model provides a systems view of the organization which aligns with elements of Deming's System of Profound Knowledge
|2019-03-15 Call Notes|
Presentation Recording (1st 10 Minutes Missing)
- Piet Niederhausen from the University of Washington will lead a discussion on the following topic:
- Doing business architecture for the IT organization, for example, IT strategy, ITSM process maturity, workforce development, etc. -- Piet will share the range of things the EA team has tried at the UW and the associated challenges
- In this session we covered the first half of the presentation deck; we will revisit the remaining topics in future meetings.
2019-03-29 Call Agenda/ Call Notes