|The Env Organizational Identity Source Plugin is designed to pull attributes from environment variables, generally populated by web server authentication modules.|
- An environment variable must be mapped to Identifier (System of Record ID), which will serve as the unique key for the record.
- In order for an identifier to be used for login to Registry, the Login box must be ticked for that identifier in the configuration.
- The System of Record ID is not intended to be a login identifier, since it is a unique, persistent key. To use an identifier as both a System of Record ID and a login identifier, populate it into both the Identifier (System of Record ID) field as well as another Identifier field, such as Network or ePPN.
- As a valid Organizational Identity requires a Primary Name, the environment variables should collect a name from the external identity provider in order for an Organizational Identity to be created. If the environment variable mapped to Given Name (Official) is empty the value of the environment variable mapped to Identifier (System of Record ID) will be used. If the environment variable mapped to Family Name (Official) is empty the value from the localization text
pl.envsource.name.unknownis used (the localization texts for the plugin are found in the Lib/lang.php file under Plugin/EnvSource).
- Be sure to click Save when presented the initial configuration page, even if accepting the default environment variable names presented.