Tom Barton, U. Chicago (Chair)
Gary Brown, Bristol
R.L. "Bob" Morgan, University of Washington
Jim Fox, University of Washington
Lynn Garrison, The Pennsylvania State University
Michael P. Pelikan, The Pennsylvania State University
Shilen Patel, Duke
Chris Hyzer, U. Penn
Ann West, Internet2
Steve Olshansky, Internet2
Emily Eisbruch, Internet2 (scribe)
*New Action Items*
\[GrouperWG:AI\] (TomB) will take necessary steps for release of Grouper 1.5.1.
\ Wiki Markup
[GrouperWG:AI\] (Chris) will email the Grouper-dev list about decisions on XML import /export and share a mock up.
\[GrouperWG:AI\] (TomB) will investigate starting work on uPortal / Grouper integration
\ Wiki Markup
*Carry Over Action Items\* \
[GrouperWG:AI\] (Gary) will add a link in the release process checklist for security issues and mention that U. Penn can do scanning for future releases. \
[GrouperWG:AI\] (Chris) will start researching integration of Grouper with KIM workflows.
Grouper 1.5.1, a patch release with small changes, is ready for release.
\ Wiki Markup
[GrouperWG:AI\] (TomB) will take necessary steps for release of Grouper 1.5.1.
Grouper has now been moved from CVS to the Internet2 SVN repository. [
Instructions have been updated in the web and wiki for checking out source code.
Chris: There are some side effects from the change to Subversion, such as behavior when building Java docs. Overwriting (rather than deleting) works better in SVN.
The XML import export routines do not currently work in some circumstances for large databases.
Gary sent email to the list on XML with relevant documentation on args and options.https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/grouper-dev/2010-01/msg00001.html
Chris suggested handling XML import/export in the same way that the new user audit facility does import/export. It makes an XML file similar to the table structure and selects from the tables and cycles through those records, not loading them all in memory.
It makes sense to address a minimal scope of import/export needs initially and then later to look at use cases before designing more advanced features. The goal is to ensure that at the next minor Grouper upgrade XML import/export will at least function.
Merging two repositories or importing into a certain location were mentioned as possible future needs for XML import/export. A disadvantage: if the XML format is working as a loader, this creates a lot of work when infrastructure changes. It may be preferable to use database views or web services than to use XML import/export as a loader.
\[GrouperWG:AI\] (Chris) will email the Grouper-dev list about decisions on XML import /export and share a mock up.[https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG]
*Grouper-KIM Development and Testing*
- Audit - User audit is done, point in time audit not yet done.
- Namespace transition support (move and copy) is done.
- Attribute Framework is begun - still work to do in terms of more attribute types
- Notification is initially done - there is additional functionality we want to add in the future.
- Lite UI - The first version is delivered in Grouper 1.5. We need to find out what people want in terms of other end-user components for group management.
- Provisioning connector - TomZ has made a lot of progress based on the Shib attribute resolver
- Role management is in place, but we need to get web services operations and a UI for people to use it. TomB has asked MACE-paccman for help with the role management UI. Looking for external use cases to guide us.
- Grouper / Kuali Rice integration - in progress
- Grouper integration with the KIM permissions interface and KIM workflow are sometimes mentioned. We need to talk about whether these integrations belong on the roadmap.
- Grouper / uPortal integration has been talked about. Not underway yet.
\[GrouperWG:AI\] (TomB) will investigate starting work on uPortal / Grouper integration Wiki Markup
- Rule based actions has been on the Grouper roadmap for a long time, but no action on that has been taken.